Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Anyone out there with photo shop skills, please do a render of how Aura would look if curved from top to bottom (curved as in the upper portion currently under construction all the way from top to bottom) and completely clad in curtain wall. sMT's second pic above would be a great starting point.

Anyone out there with photo shop skills, please do a render of how Aura would look if curved from top to bottom (curved as in the upper portion currently under construction all the way from top to bottom) and completely clad in curtain wall. sMT's second pic above would be a great starting point.

Had it been just that sleek curve going all the way up, with none of that obnoxious boxy gak awkwardly clustered around its base, it would have been a stunning tower.

9794556733_00147329f1_b.jpg

The white blinds in occupied units are destroying the point of having black glass on this tower. I wish condo boards would pay more attention to detail, as this seems to happen quite frequently. They all mandate white, but white isn't always the most appropriate choice. Black or grey in this case would have looked much better (on the side facing outside anyway).

They all mandate white, but white isn't always the most appropriate choice. Black or grey in this case would have looked much better (on the side facing outside anyway).

It would look better, but dark blinds draw in more heat and raise power costs in the summer. Though the problem isn't an issue during the winter, the summer is when there is the most strain on the grid, and almost 1000 condo units running their A/C on overdrive to counter the energy pulled in by mandated black blinds....wouldn't be a good thing

Had it been just that sleek curve going all the way up, with none of that obnoxious boxy gak awkwardly clustered around its base, it would have been a stunning tower.

Doesn't bother me too much. From a distance I almost read it as two adjacent buildings, depending on the angle. I don't know, it's not very elegant, to be sure, but wouldn't the sleek, curved version you mention just feel like a knock-off of One King West?

Doesn't bother me too much. From a distance I almost read it as two adjacent buildings, depending on the angle. I don't know, it's not very elegant, to be sure, but wouldn't the sleek, curved version you mention just feel like a knock-off of One King West?

Naw. Not to me it wouldn't. One King West has a completely different profile. A very elegant building though - one of my favourites.

The white blinds in occupied units are destroying the point of having black glass on this tower. I wish condo boards would pay more attention to detail, as this seems to happen quite frequently. They all mandate white, but white isn't always the most appropriate choice. Black or grey in this case would have looked much better (on the side facing outside anyway).

To be honest I kind of like the look of the white blinds. It gives the otherwise lifeless facade a little differentiation and it helps it to blend with the windowwall.

I'm very poor with Photoshop (I'm no Traynor), but this should give you a good idea of what Aura would look like with the curved portion top to bottom, without balconies (note: I did leave the left portion with balconies, but I could eliminate that).

Credit to Jack L. (someMidTowner) for the original image.
pc4BJER-t1x.jpg

Back