Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

I hope they debut the mayors new crack video on the new screen. ;)

nope, just the phone they used to secretly record it.

IMG_20140507_185154.jpg

I wish every inch of 10 Dundas East was covered by video screens, so we wouldn't have to see any of that grey cladding. It would make the building a whole lot more interesting.

Last edited:
Wait, the advertisement is not even in proportion with the screen. My OCD is kicking in.

The testing shows the screen illuminates from top to bottom. Maybe more light soon when the whole screen is utilized.

Wait, the advertisement is not even in proportion with the screen. My OCD is kicking in.

But if it were in proportion with the screen it wouldn't match the mismatch on the other side of the street. They're being consistently sloppy.

Went by last night, and holy hell the sign is incredibly bright....like really, really bright. The white Cadillac Fairview towers light up in so many different colors due to the flashing new billboard, it really livens up and animates the square in a good way!

soooooo bright! lol
really dumb how they have 10% of the screen on the right dedicate to just the Samsung logo which is tiny by comparison

Ya, the Samsung logo should be on top and then panels on the right side to create a proper 16:9 aspect ratio on the screen. Now is the time for nearby advertisers to really step it up with this sign being so bright and prominent with most others being, well, not-so-much.

This sign lights up the entire sky at night. Who approved this? How have they not been fired yet? I'm looking at it from the distillery district and it's annoying from here. I would be extremely mad if I owned a condo anywhere near yd square! Of course an argument can be made that this is part of the what to expect living in dnto, but this is a little beyond what could be considered a reasonable like light disturbance.

Not sure how it would be measured....lumens perhaps? Does anyone know how the brightness capabilities of this screen compares to the one at the ACC?

This sign lights up the entire sky at night. Who approved this? How have they not been fired yet? I'm looking at it from the distillery district and it's annoying from here. I would be extremely mad if I owned a condo anywhere near yd square! Of course an argument can be made that this is part of the what to expect living in dnto, but this is a little beyond what could be considered a reasonable like light disturbance.

I don't hear New Yorkers complaining about the lights in Times Square. They have way more lights and condo's than we have. If the light really bothers people that much, they should move out of the city.

Back