Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Extraordinary citizens want to stay out of the sun, however, and don't mind shadows to stay protected. The sun only causes skin cancer.

Extraordinary citizens want to stay out of the sun, however, and don't mind shadows to stay protected. The sun only causes skin cancer.

You're joking, right?
If you aren't, you should be made aware that 99% of Toronto citizens are ordinary people who want to enjoy the sun.

So, tonight they are testing that big black media board and the whole area from Bay to Church is lit up like a nuclear blast going off. Cycling colours, that area's brightness, from my POV, (and crappy iPhone capture) just doubled. There are going to be complaints. Guaranteed.

By me

IMG_20140506_230521.jpg

Wow that thing is bright. I'm sure the nearby residences won't like the added light pollution.

There are new residential buildings that are now illuminated by this sign, east and west of what was previously illuminated.

The sign was so bright that light was bouncing off the adjacent office buildings and into my unit in the Yonge and College area. Hopefully it was only that bright for testing, but if it is going to be like that at night then surely there will be lots of complaints. Here are some pics I quickly took from my cell phone from my viewpoint:

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 754
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 715
Times Square is about 100 times brighter and they have thousands of condo's near by. I stayed at the DoubleTree over looking Times Square and never had an issue with light, the black out curtains worked well for sleeping. At night watching TV I didn't have to turn the lights on in the room, i just the left the curtains open.

Oh please its Yonge Street, where else can you have bright lights:confused:....you would think this is Peterborough

With all due respect to amateur astronomers, Dundas Square is not the best place for star-gazing, and this new display makes it that much worse for them ;)

Times Square is about 100 times brighter and they have thousands of condo's near by. I stayed at the DoubleTree over looking Times Square and never had an issue with light, the black out curtains worked well for sleeping. At night watching TV I didn't have to turn the lights on in the room, i just the left the curtains open.

yep. if you hate random light and noise, why live anywhere close to Yonge/Dundas? It is the last place you want to be.
We seem to be good at complaining about everything. It is Yonge/Dundas, not Bayview and Leslie.

Sure that's true, but that photo makes it appear crazy bright.

Hey, this is "Crazy Town" where everything is over-the-top crazy, from our bright lights to our psycho mayor. Just go with the flow and enjoy the crazy.

WE ARE CRAZY TOWN!

Hey, this is "Crazy Town" where everything is over-the-top crazy, from our bright lights to our psycho mayor. Just go with the flow and enjoy the crazy.

WE ARE CRAZY TOWN!

I hope they debut the mayors new crack video on the new screen. ;)

Back