News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 648     0 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

1339741454069_ORIGINAL.jpg

1339741453567_ORIGINAL.jpg

1339741452563_ORIGINAL.jpg

Presenting renderings of the Athletic Stadium. (Just a personal not I do walk 20 metres every day away from where it will eventually be built!)

project.jpg

project.jpg

project.jpg

project.jpg

project.jpg

project.jpg

Contract awarded for Toronto aquatics centre to be used for 2015 Pan Am Games

TORONTO - PCL Aquatics Centre 2012 submitted the winning bid to design and build an aquatics centre in Toronto that will be used for the 2015 Pam American Games.

The complex will also include a field house and the Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario.

It will be constructed on land co-owned by the city and the University of Toronto Scarborough campus, and be co-owned by the city and the university, which will use the facilities once the games are over.

Construction is to start this month and be completed in the summer of 2014.

PCL Aquatics Centre 2012 includes developer PCL Constructors Canada and designer NORR Ltd.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...-be-used-for-2015-pan-am-games-161303045.html

Pan American Aquatics Centre, Field House and Canadian Sport Institute Ontario Complex Gets Underway

TORONTO, July 3, 2012 /CNW/ - Today, Infrastructure Ontario, on behalf of TO2015, the Government of Canada, the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto, announced that PCL Aquatics Centre 2012 has signed a contract to design, build and finance during construction a high-performance complex that will house the Aquatics Centre and Field House and the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO)

STATUS OF MAJOR VENUES FOR
THE TORONTO 2015 PAN/PARAPAN AMERICAN GAMES

Infrastructure Ontario has been working with TO2015 and other partners to select companies to develop major infrastructure projects for the Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games. This process is well underway and all major venues will be under construction by early 2013.

The Toronto 2015 Games, through contributions from the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario, will deliver Canada's largest ever multi-sport Games. The Games will provide new and redeveloped infrastructure and enhance sporting facilities in post-secondary schools and in communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. During the Games, athletes will have world-class facilities in which to train, compete and rest. Following the Games, students, high-performance athletes and the community will be able to access the facilities. The status of the major venues is as follows:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/100...sport-institute-ontario-complex-gets-underway

hmm, no mention of the EX grounds in the article above ?

I assume they'll build that York stadium near Rexall Centre?

It's embarrassing how much Hamilton has bickered over everything. It never should have been a joint bid in the first place. Their West Harbour plan was perfect and they cancelled it because they're stupid, and now they lost the athletics stadium. Congrats.

I just hope this is all done before the games start. This all makes me tempted to walk in to one of these sessions, bang their heads together and say "shut up and just get it done!". Good lord.

I assume they'll build that York stadium near Rexall Centre?

It's embarrassing how much Hamilton has bickered over everything. It never should have been a joint bid in the first place. Their West Harbour plan was perfect and they cancelled it because they're stupid, and now they lost the athletics stadium. Congrats.

I just hope this is all done before the games start. This all makes me tempted to walk in to one of these sessions, bang their heads together and say "shut up and just get it done!". Good lord.

Hamilton bickering cost them nothing. Sure they lost athletics......but they gained soccer. Sure the lost a shiny new stadium but they end up with a bigger, virtually new one, at Ivor Wynne.

Not quite near Rexall (see attachment)

Circle = Rexall

Rectangle = location of stadium

Attachments

• keele map.jpg
    keele map.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 170
Nothing to build at the EX grounds, beside they voted to rent out the facility to the Games.

I thought some of the events would be held on the EX grounds / ontario place ?

Back