Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

1yvilleo28.jpg

It's not an uncommon marketing tactic to explicitly position yourself as expensive, and it frequently works. It's certainly interesting to try it in the current local economic climate, though - given that most condo vacancies are at the highest end of the market, if memory serves.

That may be true in other markets, but there are not many vacancies in this area. If they are sitting vacant they are quickly turned into rental units by the owners.

Dear City of Toronto,

Please don't let them Bazis this fine street.

Yours,

The Good People of Toronto

I guess it was only a matter of time before people would oppose something without knowing anything about it. Doesn't really help your argument for when there is actually is something to support/oppose given you've already stated your opposition based on a single banner.

Yorkville cookbook store to move
CBC

A piece of Toronto's culinary history will soon be forced to relocate.

The building that houses The Cookbook Store — a fixture in Toronto's Yorkville neighbourhood for 30 years — is due to be replaced with a condo tower. It's a change that doesn't sit well with many Toronto foodies.

Developer Michael Gold says he hopes to break ground on a 58-storey condo tower on the site by the end of next year.

The first three floors of 1 Yorkville will be commercial space and Gold says he's open to having the store return.

I guess it was only a matter of time before people would oppose something without knowing anything about it. Doesn't really help your argument for when there is actually is something to support/oppose given you've already stated your opposition based on a single banner.

My opposition is based on the developer's unbelievably awful and unreliable track record.

Back