Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Here yah go…

1YorkvilleHero1000.jpg

Attachments

• 1YorkvilleHero1000.jpg
    1YorkvilleHero1000.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 814
The DRP will have a field day with this design lol. I can only imagine what they will say: "Remove all signs of unnecessary embellishments, ensuring the tower does not standout. At present the tower is too heavy looking and does not fit into the context of the area. DRP recommends the architect comes back with a more sterile, plain and banal box absent of any style or architectural flair in keeping with the (yawn) Toronto design sensibility."

On a serious note, I like it. Its like the original WTC meets Gehry's New York 8 Spruce St. Very nice. Lets hope the DRP doesn't mess with this design.

Last edited:
The balconies look like an afterthought. Just wondering if they can be made more integral to the overall scheme. Otherwise, this looks promising.

Looks fantastic! and yes, keep the DRP's mitts away from this one....

The balconies look like an afterthought. Just wondering if they can be made more integral to the overall scheme. Otherwise, this looks promising.

If it was up to me I'd dump the balconies entirely.

I am having trouble understanding how Bazis can build this one at 160m. They are claiming 9 foot finished ceilings so assuming an extra foot for duct work, and plumbing that puts the tower at 580 feet. Assuming the podium will have 1.5 to 2 times the ceiling height, plus mechanical of approx. 3 floors would put this at over 620 feet or so, no? All other towers in the city built in the 58 storey range have topped out at over 200m. At a minimum I would expect this to be 190m.

That could easily get built as shown. Those diamond shapes would probably just be anodized aluminium panels with a break running on a diagonal. If they went all out they could do them in stainless, but even as aluminum you'd get the shadowing effect and it would look just like it does in the render. They'd have to be applied after the wall is up, but it really wouldn't be a crazy feat of engineering to do that at all.

I wonder how this meets the street. And are we losing the buildings facing Yonge?

you have to admit the render makes it look good, but I agree, I have to wait to see how they resolve the roof and handle the historic buildings.

I wonder how this meets the street. And are we losing the buildings facing Yonge?

Read the story on the front page.

Now this is a building that has some art to it but I still don't see any colour. Those fins need to be stainless steel, then it would be really stylish.

Back