News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

The Weather

Since the salt doesn't bother her, it's kind of a moot point, but there's also both a stick and an ointment that you can put on their feet to help protect from salt.

Thanks, I've tried the ointment, it's like a waxy type substance. It's hard to get off and makes a mess of the floors and carpets. But thanks!

On another note I was watching Breakfast Television on Monday morning and they did this thing where they threw hot water into the air and it turns to vapour or snow. Apparently it works best when it's -33C or cooler, but it was around -29C (with windchill) when they were doing this on BT. I found this example on YouTube from Minnesota. I'd never heard of this & thought it was kind of cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kdCmlSloI&feature=related

I lived for years where -30 was quite normal, and I'd wished I left it behind. I saw that clip too but didn't feel the need to try it, lol.

Thanks for letting me know about the ointment; I was planning on trying it, but if it leaves a mess, no thanks!

Funny you should say that. myself and a few other of my co-workers were also complaining of headaches.

It's the change in atmospheric pressure or something like that; radical weather swings going from low pressure to high pressure and vice versa often trigger migraines.

The Bad News: We're getting a snow storm on Wednesday.
The Good News: May only be 15cm.

Now yes, its a little early, but dear lord, a couple of the models are showing a possible 15-20 inch snowfall in Toronto. This will be VERY interesting to watch develop over the next few days to see where we pan out, but I have never seen a model produce snowfall totals like that for Toronto before.

The Bad News: We're getting a snow storm on Wednesday.
The Good News: May only be 15cm.

Now yes, its a little early, but dear lord, a couple of the models are showing a possible 15-20 inch snowfall in Toronto. This will be VERY interesting to watch develop over the next few days to see where we pan out, but I have never seen a model produce snowfall totals like that for Toronto before.

Hurray!

cm or inches? Where are you sourcing this from? I can't find this anywhere.

I'm on a really close knit weather forum - we predominatly track Hurricanes, but in the offseason its big winter storms. I'm sourcing this directly off of the weather models and one very intelligent forecaster when it comes to the big picture. The thing is you cant get caught up cause the models are not always right. The last time it looks we got a storm of 20 inches in February was 1864...

Well, I think it's time to break a record - but I don't drive so it's easy for me to say. My dog would LOVE 20 inches of snow!

Special weather statement issued for..
City of Toronto
Windsor - Essex - Chatham-Kent
Sarnia - Lambton
Elgin
London - Middlesex
Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk
Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand
Oxford - Brant
Niagara
City of Hamilton
Halton - Peel
York - Durham
Huron - Perth
Waterloo - Wellington
Dufferin - Innisfil
Barrie - Orillia - Midland
Belleville - Quinte - Northumberland
Kingston - Prince Edward
Peterborough - Kawartha Lakes
Stirling - Tweed - South Frontenac
Brockville - Leeds and Grenville.

..Threat for Major snowstorm Tuesday night and Wednesday..

A low pressure system is forecast to develop over Texas on Monday and
then track northeastward to pass just south of the lower lakes as a
major winter storm Wednesday.

Meanwhile periods of light snow are expected to develop over many
regions Monday night or Tuesday. A lake effect snow band could also
affect areas near the west end of Lake Ontario Tuesday morning.

The heavy snow associated with the major storm will overspread the
region Tuesday night then taper off Wednesday afternoon.
Potential widespread snowfall amounts will be in the order of 20 to
30 cm with local higher accumulations as well as blowing and drifting
snow.

-----
Toronto is in the firm 14+ inch range at this point, it all depends on how much moisture gets dragged into the system. EC is being smart at this point, will be interesting to see if they have the range climb over the next couple days.

-----
Toronto is in the firm 14+ inch range at this point, it all depends on how much moisture gets dragged into the system. EC is being smart at this point, will be interesting to see if they have the range climb over the next couple days.

Xcellent!!!

Xcellent!!!

Here's one output from one of key NOAA models - its the only one that everything is avaiable for free. USA has great laws when it comes to weather radar, models etc. Its light years ahead of Canada's laws. Living in southern ontario, all outputs from the states cross southern ontario easily, so it makes life a lot easier. I'll update this tomorrow with another image so you too can see how it evolves. Its a rather large image, so clicking to view it is better. My bandwidth is truly unlimited too, so I have no worries :) I should note - the 20 inch areas are so wide, its likely its predicting higher amounts but is unable to output because of program limitations. Chicago is in for a monster of a storm.

http://www.glidingeagle.com/images/CONUS_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_96HR.gif

Here's one output from one of key NOAA models - its the only one that everything is avaiable for free. USA has great laws when it comes to weather radar, models etc. Its light years ahead of Canada's laws. Living in southern ontario, all outputs from the states cross southern ontario easily, so it makes life a lot easier. I'll update this tomorrow with another image so you too can see how it evolves. Its a rather large image, so clicking to view it is better. My bandwidth is truly unlimited too, so I have no worries :) I should note - the 20 inch areas are so wide, its likely its predicting higher amounts but is unable to output because of program limitations. Chicago is in for a monster of a storm.

http://www.glidingeagle.com/images/CONUS_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_96HR.gif

This storm is hitting the morning media and you called it! Keep us posted.

Back