News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

The Weather

This is actually one of our warmest Halloweens on record. It hit 19 today I believe. The record was 22.
It's 10 pm and still 16. Pretty awesome for kids trick-or-treating!

However, there is snow in our forecast :(

weathernd6.jpg

We're surrounded by single digit temperatures.

I wonder if this will feed some anti-Toronto sentiments out there?

Never trust day 5 in a long-range forecast, never mind day 14. Weather simply cannot be predicted beyond 5 days or so.

Actually the long term models being released have turned out to be very accurate in the past month or so. Meaning the weather we're getting now is the weather that we were predicted to get a few weeks ago.
So if their accuracy keeps up, we very well might be seeing flakes.
Otherwise, yes, I'd generally agree with you.

^

i guess the scantily clad boys out on church tonight are gonna have to deal with some shrinkage and hard nipples.. windy and possibly rainy tonight... gross.

oh yeah, too bad for the children too. though i remember when i was a kid, we'd be followed by our friend's dad's car to warm up in between streets because it was so ridiculously cold...

It turned out nice, about 13 or 14C plus the wind died down. I was out from about 8:30-11:30 until it started to rain lightly. Couldn't ask for much better on Oct. 31st.

There were scantily clad women aplenty out on Church Street too! Fun for all.

I agree, it ended up being a lot nicer out than I expected, though it did get extremely breezy walking home at about midnight up Yonge Street.. my costume kept on blowing up over my head...

Record October. Seasonal November

October wrapped up as the warmest on record at Pearson Airport and the warmest since 1963 in downtown Toronto. It was an incredible 5.3C warmer than normal at Pearson. The mean temperature was 14.2C compared to the normal mean of 8.9C. Five other locations broke warm weather records including London, 13.8C, Windsor, 15.8C, Sarnia 14.7C, Chapleau 7.3C and Elliot Lake, 9.0C.

October was a little on the dry side as well. Only about two thirds the normal amount of precipitation touched Toronto soil. A total of 41.2 mm was recorded in October at Pearson Airport. The normal is 63.4 mm. By comparison, last year was the 4th wettest October on record with a whopping total of 120 mm of rain.

November is getting off on a season footing. Temperatures will hover near normal through Monday. On Tuesday I'm expecting the start of a below normal stretch that could last 3 to 5 days. There's even a risk of flurries in Toronto on Tuesday with possible snow squalls developing closer to Barrie. Look for more precipitation in November and more seasonal temperatures.

Source

The temperature outlook for the next 3 months:

sfe1t_s.gif

The precipitation outlook for the next 3 months:

sfe1p_s.gif

Which basically means for us in Toronto... under average rain and/or snow. And average temperatures.

It's minus twenty-one in Yellowknife today.

I'd say that's officially cold.

phunky: Are we getting a Wiarton Phunky forecast on February 2nd, when you emerge from your burrow? Or will you continue to rely on Environment Canada for all your long range predictions?

Back