News   May 09, 2024
 438     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 442     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 730     1 

The Weather

It was -15 in Eureka, Nunavut. Who cares about rain in Toronto.

October 2007 Weather...

Phunky: Great idea-good subject: the WEATHER. Why not have a topic on it-it affects everyone everywhere! A local meterologist here in the NYC area mentioned that this is now the warmest October on record. I noticed here on LI that there is very little leaf color-the first frost has not come yet even though we are so late in OCT. With record high NE USA temperatures in earlier weeks,the extreme drought in the SE USA-N Georgia is particularly hard hit-and record dry spells on Southern California fueling those wild fires,this is one October for the record books! LI MIKE

Thanks Long Island Mike. I thought it was a good idea... Canadians love to talk about weather!
Our leaves started to fall earlier than usual I think.
Although one tree by my building, all it's leaves fell off in August from the fact that it was parched.

phunky,

I was in Gatineau, Quebec about two weeks back. The leaves were stunning this year. I think they got much more rain than we did.

Lucky!
The best place that I've ever seen leaves change was in Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Absolutely amazing.

Thanks, phunky. About the same as it is in England - two weeks without much rain and fairly mild temperatures, here in East Anglia.

wow really?! nice a sunny here in richmond hill. puffy white clouds dot the sky. very gorgeous day.

i guess the scantily clad boys out on church tonight are gonna have to deal with some shrinkage and hard nipples.. windy and possibly rainy tonight... gross.

oh yeah, too bad for the children too. though i remember when i was a kid, we'd be followed by our friend's dad's car to warm up in between streets because it was so ridiculously cold...

Back