News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

The Toronto Teaser!

Well done adma, I wasn't sure anyone would get that. I don't know it's function either but it's on Surrey Place.

It's a community health care organization catering to individuals with developmental disabilities. I worked at a Neurogenetics Lab there for two summers whilst in undergrad (even got a publication out of it). The interior used to be pretty dumpy but it was renovated 3 or 4 years ago. It's quite a handome building.

Where is this Peter Clewes' inspiration in Toronto?

DSC00041-3.jpg

Hmm, Eglinton. Right street, mate! If building ever came up for sale, I'd buy it and convert upper 4 floors into a gorgeous loft/trading room for myself, with some upscale brunch spot/cafe/wine bar on the retail floor. Until I took this photo this past week, I'd never really stopped to appreciate the beautiful simplicity of the building.

So, where on Eglinton? Msn live maps makes it easy.:D

you have to give me credit for guessing the street just by looking at the utility pole style.

^Congrats, and guess where urbandreamer was stomping about today? I'd go back to grad school at UT someday, just to have the privilege of poking about that gorgeous building more often.

The stunner (yes Toronto does have attractive architecture!) in detail:

DSC00119.jpg

Last edited:
We have a lot more then just that and if anyone doubts it just take a stroll down parts of UofTs campus ... many of the colleges there are absolutely amazing. There's quite a few stunners east of University | West of Bay around Charles.

Anyway, nice pictures!

^Congrats, and guess where urbandreamer was stomping about today? I'd go back to grad school at UT someday, just to have the privilege of poking about that gorgeous building more often.

(yes Toronto does have attractive architecture!)

The University of Toronto has a very high concentration of great architecture of various eras.

That Toronto doesn't have good architecture is very easily refutable. The people who said that generally must have not taken much of an interest in the city's architecture, or in the subject itself.

I just wanted to say that those poles held up the trolley car wires back in the day. I'm pretty sure of this.

how far do they date back?

Back