News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

The Toronto Teaser!

Yup. Pretty easy, I know.

This intersection is so very close to being quite excellent. MTV really adds a much needed splash of cool and Milan will hopefully continue some great streetwall. But sadly, the minds behind Lotus condos (hidden from view) kinda ruined it. The promised park better be awesome.

DSCN3956.jpg

Yup. Pretty easy, I know.

This intersection is so very close to being quite excellent. MTV really adds a much needed splash of cool and Milan will hopefully continue some great streetwall. But sadly, the minds behind Lotus condos (hidden from view) kinda ruined it. The promised park better be awesome.

DSCN3956.jpg

Though honestly, re Lotus--what's to ruin? Look at that picture: it's different shades of execrable re the highrises shown--the lurid 80s mirrored/layered thing next to MTV, the standard c1980 brick/concrete subsidized-housing shaft behind MTV, the LoPo Georgian on the left...

It's not the architecture that I'm commenting on, but the dense feel of this intersection from this angle. I love the layers. I only wish Lotus would have been built right up to the tip of its triangular piece of land. (And I wish it looked completely different than the bland building it is.)

And by the way, what is that tacky gold glass building behind the Masonic Temple? Are they condos? Are they pricey?

Last edited:
The reason Lotus hasn't usurped the tip of land is that said tip of land was declared municipal park space long ago.

Tacky gold glass building: the glass part on the left is office, the concrete-banded part on the right is condo. 80s "mixed use" hijinks.

I've looked and looked at maps.live.com and can't find the little house with the Y spout.

I imagine it's either the church on Bloor between Church and Jarvis or the church next to U condos...

You got it casaguy. It's the garage beside St. Basil's church on Bay St. next to U condos. You can't see it from the street but it's very pleasant to walk around there or use as a shortcut from Bay to Queens Park.

Back