News   Jul 16, 2024
 657     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 588     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 731     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: udpates on CTV and Jack Astor's?

What broadcast properties does St Joseph own?

From their site:

St. Joseph Media's properties go beyond print to include media extensions into television, including Fashion File TV (a partnership with CBC), a digital license for WEDDINGBELLS Television, and WHERE Television, as seen in the best hotels across Canada.

W: doubt it

w hotel ? agree that the square needs alot of flash there to tie it all together.

I doubt W would put their first location at Dundas Square. The location at Times Square is a bit of the poor cousin I'm told. Although it would be really cool. I wonder how the Pantages Hotel is doing and whether the area can support two hotels. Also wonder what they do about the noise coming from the square during concerts.

here's an update from the PCL site....looks like the Yonge St. hoarding will be coming down very soon....

As of March 22/07):

General Comment:

Currently setup with PCL Phase 8 (one way on Victoria Street, effective November 10, 2006).

Yonge St. hoarding removal to start April 16, 2007.

Dundas St. hoarding removal to start June 3, 2007.
Below Grade:

All below grade escalators (12, 13, 22, 23, 26, and 27) commissioned and ready for TSSA inspections.
No progress to TTC ceiling at B1.
No work along KK wall/shaft (awaiting duct enclosure CO).
Security roughin started (CO for PS9’s required to complete).
Above Grade:

Commissioning of escalators 1, 2, 3 and 4 to be complete this week and ready for TSSA approval by next week.
Glazing on Yonge/Dundas St. L1 (storefronts) and backpans in progress nose Curtainwall.
L4 tie in glazing to ‘nose’ in progress.
Stair #6 and 7 framing/glazing in progress (Stair #4 and 5 complete).
Siding along south half of Victoria St. complete this week. Klimber to relocate to north half of Victoria St. next week (1st 3 bays complete next week).
Siding along Victoria St. and Gould St. to be complete by end of March 2007.
Complete balance of L6 raised slabs and L4 seating next week.
Stair # 4, 5, 6 and 7 are poured.
Firespray continuing at L7 and Scheduled to complete all but theatres at North by end of April.
Roofing cap sheet in progress on main east roof. L4 terrace along Dundas to start next week.
Elevators SE1/SE2 scheduled to be complete by the end of March/ early April. TSSA to inspect SE1 March 26, 2007 and SE2 April 9, 2007.
AMC theatres are continuing with scaffold and firespray (1, 2, 3 and 11, 12, 13) .
AMC ceiling framing in common area L4 in progress.
Ground floor CRU walls currently being framed and drywalled will continue over the next two weeks.
O’Keefe lane duct work near completion; storm/diesel line work to start tomorrow and follow with landscaping.
Loading dock waterproofing in progress – pour slab next week.
Base building drywall continuing L10 to L4 – washrooms L10 – L8 roughin in progress and electrical rooms being roughed-in with panels.

Re: W: doubt it

The best news in these 36 pages is the last post: Yonge St. hoarding to begin removal April 16th!

very_gay_daniel_web.jpg

I walked through the hoarding Tuesday evening and noticed they had already started removing a small section of it. Natural light bathed a section of the sidewalk for the first time in a decade. It was a spiritual moment I won't soon forget.

Though what of Cindy? I can't help but feel bad for this little girl that can no longer walk this section of Yonge Street during the day without her U.V suit. her and the rest of the photoallergic non norms out there.

Cindy
peepsgirl.jpg

That small piece of hoarding on Yonge had been removed a while ago to allow the crane to be disassembled.

I'm going to start a spontaneous sidewalk party once I pass by and notice that the hoarding has come down.

Grab a piece of the hoarding while you can. I think most of it will end up at the Smithsonian.

Tear it down!

Dont get too happy...

That post also had this:

"Siding along Victoria St. and Gould St. to be complete by end of March 2007."

^ Its mid-April and neither Gould or Victoria have their siding complete.

I noticed that, but I also noticed that work is winding down on the Yonge side and I hardly ever see any construction personnel there. That's why they plan to take down that hoarding.

The Dundas hoarding will remain because there's still substantial work to be done, specially in what concerns the upcoming billboards.

I'm not entirely sure we should expect a W Hotel anytime soon considering Toronto will be one of the first cities to get W's aloft product.

w hotel ? agree that the square needs alot of flash there to tie it all together.

isn't there a W setting up shop on front st, close to bathurst?

W's cheaper 'aloft' brand is going in on Front near Bathurst.

That shouldn't preclude a W in another spot in town.

April 16 is my birthday. What a nice present, having the hoarding on Yonge St come down! Now, someone just needs to take a picture once it's happened.

Back