News   Jul 16, 2024
 682     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Never heard of 'Square' being used to name a building before?

How about Maple Leaf Square? That's another new one. It's down by the ACC. I think there's a thread here about it. You might want to leave some comments there too.

Everybody: remember to let your Doctors know about all the prescriptions you take. Unforeseen side effects may occur when drugs are taken in combination.

Maple Leaf Square WILL HAVE a square next to it.

You know what...I really like this site. It has alot of info etc.

But I find the people here have such rude attitude. If they don't agree with your point, they will attack you.

What is this? People can't have other opinions?

I begin to think this site has a bunch old farce who like to pick on and bitch about other people who don't share their narrow-mind views.

Sheesh!

Re: Toronto Life Square (UT)

fairly positive the word is 'farts'

With Shoppers Drug Mart as a lead tenant, it could have been named "Life Brand Square". Could have been worse.

And I thought it was Dundas Square. Not 'Yonge-Dundas Square'. Why has this become the norm? Q107's broadcasts?

udpates on CTV and Jack Astor's?

Any updates on whether these two will be tenants? What would CTV use their space for? MTV Canada should move there.

Plus, Jack Astors should move to the old Podium Restaurant in Torch. That patio up there is amazing. A name brand restaurant would be able to make it I think.

I wonder what will go in the old Gap store across the street.

Re: udpates on CTV and Jack Astor's?

Maybe what Metropolis really needs is a pinball arcade, or a body-rub joint, or Le Strip resurrected...

Maple Leaf Square WILL HAVE a square next to it.

You know what...I really like this site. It has alot of info etc.

But I find the people here have such rude attitude. If they don't agree with your point, they will attack you.

What is this? People can't have other opinions?

You're right it will have a square next to it. But I don't think anyone was being rude or even attacking you. I only see a few people pointing out where buildings have been named squares and giving their own opinions on the naming rights.

That said, I like the name and also wouldn't be surprised if Dundas Square (I agree, I've never said "Yonge-Dundas Square") eventually becomes known as Toronto Life Square, and as someone suggested shortened to Life Square.

Well, "Life Square" might mean a Shopper's Drug Mart sponsorship, y'know...

I'm calling it (Toronto) Life Square (the square, not just the building) starting today...

I think it brings a refreshing feeling about Metropolis whose name is psychologically connected to so many blunders, false starts and bad PR through the years.

If Toronto Life takes the reigns in programing the building and uses the square to assist in that, I think this could be a very successful space.

Naming the building after Toronto Life seems appropriate... but it should be the Toronto Life Centre, IMHO... not Square. The square itself can remain Dundas Square.

Whatever it's called, I'm sure the area will be hoppin' once that AMC Cinema opens up.

Paramount or whatever its called now is set to lose with the opening of these new AMC theatres.

So many times have I been at or near the Eaton Centre when my friends and I decide to go watch a movie... so we head down to John st. Now we'll just walk up the street to Toronto Life Square. :)

I can imagine that these will be comfortable seats with retractable tables since the theatres will double as lecture halls for Ryerson.

Maybe what Metropolis really needs is a pinball arcade, or a body-rub joint, or Le Strip resurrected...

...and bring back Cinema 2000 on a B3 level

"And I thought it was Dundas Square. Not 'Yonge-Dundas Square'. Why has this become the norm? Q107's broadcasts?"

I have always known it as Yonge-Dundas Square. The website is also YDSquare.ca with the title being Yonge-Dundas Square. Its also in the logo.

The difference between "Dundas Square" and "Yonge-Dundas Square" is similar to Eaton Centre. You used to able to tell where people were from by what they called it. Locals were more likely to say "Eaton Centre", while I found the farther people lived from downtown (including, of course, tourists), the more likely they were to call it "The Eaton Centre".

I call it Dundas Square as well. I would imagine people who call it Yonge Dundas Square would migrate to using Toronto Life Square rather easily. I find Dundas Square rolls of the tongue a lot easier. The street on the south side of the square is called "Dundas Square".

Back