News   May 13, 2024
 176     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 601     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 650     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Having said that, Jack Astor's is what it is - it's no Splendido, but then, in a city as big as Toronto, there's room for both, don't you think?
Absolutely. Downtown is big enough for the snobs, the yokels, and everyone in between. A healthy downtown is the centre of its metro area and the gathering place for people from all over. Suburbanites coming downtown is a good thing.

And to be even-steven, I'd be contemptuous of Torontonians, too, who might propose ignorantly trashing the physical fabric of small-town Ontario...
Ever heard of cottage country?

I'm starting a new job in a week, and we'll be moving to one of the upper floors of TLS at the end of June (I'll leave out the organization and the floor as I don't know if the move is common knowledge... it's nothing anyone will find exciting in any case). I knew we were moving to Yonge and Dundas, but I was kind of surprised it would be to TLS. In any case, I can try and grab some photos of what the office floors look like if anyone is interested.

Oh that's interesting. I didn't realize they'd managed to lease out the office portions of TLS.

Ever heard of cottage country?

My point exactly.

Though the more I think of it, I agree that rawly knocking 905 suburbanites is unfair. A diminution like "Life Square" is too vapid even for *that* stereotypical Jack Astor-ing crowd.

If anything, "Life Square" sounds more like something I'd expect from some Engrish-written guidebook aimed at Asians. And for that matter, even the name "Life Square" seems more Asian, somehow--like the simple name "Life" carries some kind of pidgin positive, affirmative attributes, sort of like "Health" or "Success" or whatever.

I sure can't see that name coming from anyone North American. Within that milieu, "Life Square" means...nothing.

So who knows; if it's "Life Square", it's foreshadowing a future when AMC and Future Shop and whatever move out, replaced by a stallfest inner-city sibling to Pacific Mall...altogether makes sense...

Learned that Johnny Rockets and Chipotle are aiming for mid to late July openings.

Given the pace of progress at Milestone's, probable to say it would open around the same time...

Was at Jack's this evening and it was busy as usual. Work around Milestones is starting to take shape, they have clad most of the walls beyond the escalator in Cedar and the entrance looks like it's mostly glass...can't wait.

Just want to mention that the Lebanese place in the food court is really good, and way better for you than anything on the menu at Jack Astors.

Chipotle is set to open the last week of June according to construction personnel.

For those of you not familiar with this restaurant, it offers popular Mexican American cuisine in a casual Starbucks lounge like environment.

Back