News   May 13, 2024
 802     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 761     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Maybe they are just going to let the passage of time take care of filling in the hole there. At least, that's what has been happening so far. Kick a little dirt in off the sidewalk every time you pass by. Toss your compostables in, over the fence. Do your part!

PS: Is this thread really where the great supposed urban/suburban 416/905 divide was invented? Hmm... Nope, so, why are so many posters addressing it like it's the first time they've heard tell of it? And Canadians hate Toronto so much because I wouldn't dream of setting foot in an Applebee's or TGI Friday's in Manhattan? Maybe it is that stupid a reason...

as an ex-416er of many years, and now a happy 905er, the elitist crap that some of you have been spewing just makes me laugh..

the biggest 'yokels' that I see are the ones who put down others...nothing shows a weak character better than downtown snobbery

...both the city and the suburbs are 'one' - two parts of an organic whole, and some of the most sophisticated people that I have met, have been recent immigrants to the GTA who have settled in the 905 area...downtown forumers need to understand that part of the reason why Toronto is so dynamic these days, is due to the fact that it is surrounded by dynamic suburbs - the two feed each other....

Having said that, Jack Astor's is what it is - it's no Splendido, but then, in a city as big as Toronto, there's room for both, don't you think?

Maybe they are just going to let the passage of time take care of filling in the hole there. At least, that's what has been happening so far. Kick a little dirt in off the sidewalk every time you pass by. Toss your compostables in, over the fence. Do your part!

Here here! We endured 10 years of Blue Hoarding + L'Oreal ads... When the hoarding came down, I rejoiced.. only to be disappointed when the subway hole stayed there beyond what I expected.

I'll go fill this hole myself if I have to damn it! If I lived nearby, I'd empty my green bin in there every night.. maybe a magically large tree will cover up the mess that is TLS ... :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. If Manhattan isn't too sophicticated for the likes of Applebees and TGI Friday's, Toronto isn't too good for Jack Astors and Milestones.

Geez is it any wonder Canadians hate Toronto so much?

Relax, it was just a wind-up for gei's benefit. :D

I think some posts in this thread... yours included... are already doing a good job of that. ;)

The idea that people living in urban areas are somehow "better" than suburbanites is downright laughable. And I say this as someone who lives downtown.

I'm actually embarrased to be in such company. Hopefully the views expressed in this thread don't reflect the views of the average downtown-er.

I agree.

Get over yourself. If Manhattan isn't too sophicticated for the likes of Applebees and TGI Friday's, Toronto isn't too good for Jack Astors and Milestones.

Geez is it any wonder Canadians hate Toronto so much?

Yeah, but it isn't just a matter of those who prefer such places. It's when they're such dunderheaded dweebs as to adopt "Life Square" as shorthand.

And again, they're as dunderheaded as their parents when they tear down an Eden Smith for some personal dream home "gee, we didn't know it was historical".

So it isn't a matter of 905ers or Canadians. Just the urbanistically stupid ones.

And to be even-steven, I'd be contemptuous of Torontonians, too, who might propose ignorantly trashing the physical fabric of small-town Ontario...

Really, who cares if people call it "Life Square" or "Dundas Square" or the "square with chairs in it and the big screens all around"? I'd think the proper name would matter if your going there by cab, or trying to meet people at that location. Otherwise, if it acquires a nickname, then it acquires a nickname. Is there no place in this or any other city that has a short-handed name for it?

So there's a chain restaurant that (may) be frequented by youth from the suburbs? How could that possibly be anti-urban?

PS: Is this thread really where the great supposed urban/suburban 416/905 divide was invented? Hmm... Nope, so, why are so many posters addressing it like it's the first time they've heard tell of it?

That's just the point, there is no divide...except in the fantasies of some small-minded individuals here. GTAers love the city, but also love the smaller urban centres and nodes throughout the area... and as GTA suburbanism creeps into the big city, the big city creeps into the GTA too bringing greater diversity, commercial decentralization, greater density and more intense development of traditional suburban urban cores, and better public transit...and the simple fact that 'life' no longer ends at Bathurst, all the more so as a growing number of younger 416ers leave the inconveniences of city life, seeking more affordable alternatives yet demanding the quality of life and amenities they are used to.

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Remember re a name as insipid as "Life Square": it and unneccessary apostrophes, there/their reversals, etc go well together

"Life Square" is merely a truncation and quite different from the homonymic there/their.

Back