News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 745     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I found this one on flickr.com -

I'll do what I can to post some more pics.

2234177218_33c635d2d6_b.jpg

office space inside the TLS building

2234169952_963f2051b5_b.jpg

Another roof top shot!!

2234162608_c3f0e0a4dc_b.jpg

from Alan J Castonguay at flickr.com

Some noble, big-box culinary institution could have had the mother of all rooftop patios had someone been thinking when designing TLS. Instead we are left with more dead space where something of higher value could have resided...sigh.

The ongoing debacle that is TLS, continues...

I would be surprised if Cineplex close down the Scotiabank Theatre.

uhhh what? there's more than enough demand downtown for AMC to move in... and Cineplex would be out of their minds to close down their flagship Toronto movie house....

wait... *would* be... well yeah, I think we all would be surprised....

AMC will take a chunk of business away, but it won't kill the complex by any means.

If AMC is going to divert movie-goers from anywhere it will probably be Varsity. I currently go to Varsity but will start with AMC since it will be much closer.

While a huge rooftop patio might have been a possible idea, just be grateful it doesn't exist. For some reason I envision a big-top style circus tent atop the place in the winter, adding yet another scar onto this building.

I think Varsity draws a very different crowd, especially with the VIP rooms, it's more the Yorkville type. For a similar reason I don't think it'll hurt Carlton much, because Carlton seems to make a business out of showing smaller productions. If anyone I do think it'll be Paramount that it competes with, but I think there's more than enough demand to support both.

And the signage for Bell World went up last nite. It's all in white so it doesn't do much to enliven the building.

Bell World erected a sign outside their new store. Looks like they will be the next to open.

Johnny Rockets has drawings on the floor illustrating what will go where. It's clear where the seats, tables, etc will reside.

Starbucks has construction workers on site....along with Addidas...and Jack Astor's. Wouldn't be surprised if all these open by late April/early May or sooner.

--CityTV has a huge sign on the Torch with construction workers on site!!!

Um I think the city can handle two movie theater downtown if it can support big box stores threw pedestrian traffic and even ones that are exactly the same and are down the street.

Downtown Toronto has lost many movie theatres over the last 15 years (Plaza, University, Eaton Centre, Uptown, Backstage, etc.). At the same time its population has surged. There's no question, the downtown will easily be able to handle AMC's presence.

Back