News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

My biggest problem with fast food/coffee chains offering all these things is the impact to service. I just want my double double and get out,
I joke to my kids that I am the dream customer for Starbucks (and Timmies). Especially at Starbucks because my order is always the same, medium coffee, black. I gave up on cow squeezings, plant-based whiteners, syrups and sweeteners a decade or more ago. After hours of making ridiculous concoctions, the baristas jump to my easy order. Once you go black, you can’t go back.

As for Timmies. I almost always skip the drive through and walk in. Order my black coffee and roast beef cheddar or veggie sandwich and can get in and out before four cars are served. Pizza would slow everything down.

I joke to my kids that I am the dream customer for Starbucks (and Timmies). Especially at Starbucks because my order is always the same, medium coffee, black. I gave up on cow squeezings, plant-based whiteners, syrups and sweeteners a decade or more ago. After hours of making ridiculous concoctions, the baristas jump to my easy order. Once you go black, you can’t go back.

As for Timmies. I almost always skip the drive through and walk in. Order my black coffee and roast beef cheddar or veggie sandwich and can get in and out before four cars are served. Pizza would slow everything down.
I tried that the one and only time I was in a Starbucks and it seemed I confused them; like I was speaking a strange foreign language.

I also never do the drive-through and will also gauge how fast I was compared to someone in the lane. It's not always consistent. It's usually one poor staffer handling the counter (and having to make those brewed-up concoctions) while half a dozen hustle the window.

LOL....if you want to send along your spouse's email; I'll let her know that you're looking for the new Tim's swag in the form of booty biking shorts.

🤣 Now I can't get that outta my head.......you at the roof top patio of The Ace.................with Tim's Booty Biking Shorts....
I'd probably be willing to whore myself out to slap their awful logo on my butt as long as they pay me a royalty for advertising their pig swill.

I'm also a black coffee drinker. There should be a line at Starbucks and other coffee shops for people who order super complicated drinks and then a line for people who just want black coffee.

Recently i was held up in line at a Starbucks, because this Karen in-front of me didn't get enough foam on her 1/2 sweet extra hot single shot soy caramel macchiato.

I'm also a black coffee drinker. There should be a line at Starbucks and other coffee shops for people who order super complicated drinks and then a line for people who just want black coffee.

Recently i was held up in line at a Starbucks, because this Karen in-front of me didn't get enough foam on her 1/2 sweet extra hot single shot soy caramel macchiato.

Just do what I do. Order a 20 shot espresso.

I also never do the drive-through and will also gauge how fast I was compared to someone in the lane. It's not always consistent. It's usually one poor staffer handling the counter (and having to make those brewed-up concoctions) while half a dozen hustle the window.
Yeah, the drive through is almost always faster. They don't staff the counter properly at most locations, so service is slow.

Tim Hortons corporate measures drive through performance. It is a very important metric, and they come down on franchisees that don't perform well. They have no respect for walk in customers.

There should be a line at Starbucks and other coffee shops for people who order super complicated drinks and then a line for people who just want black coffee.
This should exist at all fast food places, too.

There is a Popeye's near my work. I'm not a huge fan, but it's something, and I don't like chicken. The amount of times I waited in line, on a 30 minute lunch break, behind a customer ordering 4 or 5 uber complex combos, and then I walk up to order a small fries and a drink (just to have something so I don't pass out while at work) is infuriating.

Back