News   Apr 29, 2024
 164     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 776     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

No. I am actually quite serious. I like Tim Hortons in 2023.
They're not going to be gourmet food, but they are trying their best, and deserve fair credit for their effort...real egg and all.
I liked the sandwiches they used to have years ago - back when I didn't need to care about wheat infestations.

I am a bit of a food snob, but not totally. I like a lot of fast food, but have never eaten anything at Tim Hortons that I thought was good other than doughnuts.
No, for doughnuts, I highly recommend Krispy Kreme, but believe it or not, the coffee at Tim Horton's really is ten times better than @ Krispy Kreme.
Also, don't order the TH chili. it's most often watered down so bad it's not even worth it.
There's other better food choices on the menu.

No, for doughnuts, I highly recommend Krispy Kreme, but believe it or not, the coffee at Tim Horton's really is ten times better than @ Krispy Kreme.
Also, don't order the TH chili. it's most often watered down so bad it's not even worth it.

We'll have to differ here.

I find Tim's coffee revolting; its doughnuts taste like what they are, par-baked days-olds.

The last time I tried anything Tim's was awhile ago, but they had ruined once tolerable muffins by putting big chunks of sugar on the top; and someone else got this potato-like thing I think they were trying to pass off as a hashbrown....ugh.

I am admittedly a food snob; fast food is not my go-to.

That said, I'd don't mind good doughnuts, or good fried chicken or a good burger.

I just don't associate Tim's or McDs, or BK or Wendys w/any of the above.

I've never tried Krispy kreme coffee, I find tim hortons a hit or miss, but I like their dark roast a lot better. I think the best chain coffee shop coffee I've had is Aroma.

The pandemic actually mostly got me out of the habit of buying coffee. I'll still go to Pilot or Dineen as a social occasion, but buying a morning coffee is not in my routine any more.

I've never tried Krispy kreme coffee, I find tim hortons a hit or miss, but I like their dark roast a lot better. I think the best chain coffee shop coffee I've had is Aroma.
Yup. I have to admit Aroma does have better coffee than Tim Horton's. I just wish they didn't close so many locations.

We'll have to differ here.

I find Tim's coffee revolting; its doughnuts taste like what they are, par-baked days-olds.

The last time I tried anything Tim's was awhile ago, but they had ruined once tolerable muffins by putting big chunks of sugar on the top; and someone else got this potato-like thing I think they were trying to pass off as a hashbrown....ugh.

I am admittedly a food snob; fast food is not my go-to.

That said, I'd don't mind good doughnuts, or good fried chicken or a good burger.

I just don't associate Tim's or McDs, or BK or Wendys w/any of the above.
I've already said KK is better than TH for doughnuts.
If you want better coffee, I agree with another poster-go to Aroma.
This leaves the real egg English muffin sandwiches FTW.
It's a fairly recent idea.
Question is, what the heck were they serving before? 🤔 🤣

Timmies offers pizzas now too. My biggest problem with fast food/coffee chains offering all these things is the impact to service. I just want my double double and get out, but now I have to wait for them to do all these complicated drinks and foods. :( My closest Timmies is also strange, they offer ice caps and cold-brew coffee, but not iced coffee.

Timmies offers pizzas now too. My biggest problem with fast food/coffee chains offering all these things is the impact to service. I just want my double double and get out, but now I have to wait for them to do all these complicated drinks and foods. :( My closest Timmies is also strange, they offer ice caps and cold-brew coffee, but not iced coffee.

Damnit.. now I want my McPizza.

Can you imagine someone actually thinking wearing a TH's outfit is cool? It's mind boggling.

LOL....if you want to send along your spouse's email; I'll let her know that you're looking for the new Tim's swag in the form of booty biking shorts.

🤣 Now I can't get that outta my head.......you at the roof top patio of The Ace.................with Tim's Booty Biking Shorts....

Back