News   Mar 28, 2024
 122     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 286     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 652     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

As would I, but they'd have to go back to on-site baking and I'm not sure a lot of newer footprints would accommodate it. If I was paying $1Mn+ for a franchise, I wouldn't be happy doling out coffee and donuts/muffins all day while watching the competition grab the breakfast and lunch crowd.
It would mean a downsize in costs/staff as well.

I would personally buy a lot more of their donuts if they tasted light, fluffy and consistent like Krispy Kreme, instead of having a 50% chance of buying donuts that will taste like margarine and chemicals covered in wet granular sugar.

I see lots of people without carts standing there huffing and puffing 🤣

I've never had any issues using self check out with a shopping cart at Superstore.

Neither have I and I go there weekly. The only time they may say something is you are doing an instacart haul where you have a million things in your cart.

Think of self-checkouts like the express lane.

It's an issue at No Frills lol

I doubt many would.

Can you imagine a kiosk Tim's doing their own baking?

Years ago, the Markham and Lawrence location of Tim Hortons never did their own baking. They had the Brimley and Lawrence do the baking for the local area and shuttle it around. My Grandmother ran the Markham and Lawrence store in the 1990s and every morning their doughnuts, pies and cakes were delivered.
Yes, as far as I know, all kiosk sites are satellites of a 'main' store for all of their product and supplies. I assume they form part of the parent franchise agreement.

I don't know what it is like in the city, but up here I have noticed a shift in the demographics of the franchisees to skew more to south/south east Asia and much of the staff is following a similar trend, whereas before the staff was decidedly 'local' in nature, often older. There is little-to-no south/south Asian community up here so I can only assume the staff are coming in from other areas.

I know a couple of Tim's franchise owners (both with multiple properties) but haven't spoken to them in a while. Given their age, they have or will shortly cash out and spend their retirement in their Scrooge McDuck rooms swimming in their money.

It's mostly newly landed south Asian immigrants that are working at Tim Horton's in the GTA. It's been like that for years. My boyfriends dad knows a lot of Indian immigrants that came to Toronto in the 70s, without a dime to their name, and they bought a Tim Horton's franchise for cheap in the 1980s, and then expanded and bought other locations over the years, they all retired and became multi millionaires when they sold off the stores in the 00s. You couldn't buy a Tim's franchise today unless you're already rich.

Here's the scandal we've all been waiting for. Someone is going to go down for this.

‘Technical error’ results in multiple Tim Hortons customers thinking they won $10,000 prize

That looks like a sweaty turd.

Poop.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't they try something similar with CIBC years ago?
You’re right, eight years ago. How long would the LEDs last in this card?

Gawd, that women’s voice is better suited for Branch Davidian death cult recruitment.

Last edited:

Back