News   Jul 15, 2024
 195     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 404     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 541     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Good observation, Burgher. I believe the number of tenants who did not opt for a parking space actually caused the builder to eliminate an entire level of proposed parking. Apparently there are alot of eco-friendly buyers in phase 2!
Hmm. Doesn't the City still enforce minimum parking requirements? It's about time they changed those rules though. :)

Does anyone know where this information comes from? I'm a purchaser in phase 1 and have not been informed of this by the builder... but I hope it's correct!

MetD9, I heard that about a week ago from someone on the development side of the project. I can't remember if thier words were "has been moved up", "will be moved up" or "likely be moved up"... they were talking about how fast the tower was built and that occupancies are moving up - which is very very rare on the Toronto condo scene.

When is your occupancy scheduled? Has the original occupancy you recieved on signing changed at all? (if not the builder usually gives a firmer occupancy date a few months prior to occupancy). The building has gone up lightning fast compared to any other condo I've seen built in the city in recent memory, so it would hardly surprise me if the builder is well ahead of schedule.

Crane is up for Encore.

Edit: And completely unrelated, but there's nowhere else to post it, they were also putting up the crane at London today.

Townhomes along Granby

365271275_33c19242cf_b.jpg

365271476_aa59097b18_b.jpg

365271650_082be9083e_b.jpg

365272068_51bdc115fd_b.jpg

All i can say is Toronto we need more developments like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there will be, and you can see the storefronts through the hoarding, tho the units are exceptionally small. i'm really not sure what sort of retail is going to end up in there, unless someone comes in and joins a few units.

There will be a lot of density in this area soon. Hopefully this will attract some interesting retail at some point.

There's a TD going into the base of Met 1. A sheet of plywood was removed from the hoarding to give access to the retail unit, providing a view of the storefronts as well as a sign that says "TD Bank Access Only"

There's a TD going into the base of Met 1. A sheet of plywood was removed from the hoarding to give access to the retail unit, providing a view of the storefronts as well as a sign that says "TD Bank Access Only"
Perhaps a machine, but not a branch. Their College Park branch is basically across the street.

The City's final report lists the Retail space at 787 sq. m. divided between both buildings. Large enough for a bank in Phase 1.

I asked a TD friend. There's no branch going into either The Met or Market Square. The only new branch that will open in the core over the next few years will be Queen/Parliament.

Interesting. The Market Square newsletter said that it was a TD going in there. Will need to investigate.

"MetD9, I heard that about a week ago from someone on the development side of the project. I can't remember if thier words were "has been moved up", "will be moved up" or "likely be moved up"... they were talking about how fast the tower was built and that occupancies are moving up - which is very very rare on the Toronto condo scene."

Hey Mike in T.O., thanks for the information. I've inquired with the builder and occupancies are still scheduled to start in September as announced when the project launched in 2004. That doesn't mean the move-in dates won't move up, but we haven't been notified yet.

As for what's going in the 4 ground floor retail units of phase 1, I'm very interested to find out!

I work for TD, and I just found out today that the newest downtown branch will indeed be 21 Carlton St in The Met. Strange since College Park is so close...

Back