News   Aug 13, 2024
 545     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 584     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

It's perhaps my favorite highrise condo this past year, with 1St.Thomas and Spire right up there as well. I wasn't expecting much from the MET- it was a huge surprise.

"9 months before moving in? Why so long?"

I'm not sure why the move in starts in September 2007, but maybe that will change based on how far along things seem to be. Edilcan did tell us that they wanted to have common areas like hallways etc. done before people move in.

It looks like the crane on the Met will be disassembled this weekend.
I noticed an appliances vehicle there this week, presumably delivering appliances. It's puzzling why move-ins are not scheduled until next fall.

^ You can see a little crane up there right now getting ready to take the big one down.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are living there already. People were in the lower floors of ROCP I before they were building the finishing the top floors.

This tower is looking really good. It is understated but also has some nice detailing and I really like the base. It kind of crept up on us!

Indeed, the Met is one of the best surprises of '06. I especially like the detailing in covering the concrete wall with pretty blue glass.

Contender for project of the year.

"You can see a little crane up there right now getting ready to take the big one down."

Any guesses when this might actually be happening? The preparations seem to be underway. Will they need to close off Carlton to do it? Will they time it to move the crane from the first phase to Encore?

They tend to do that on weekends. They shouldn't need to close down Carlton, and I guess they could theoretically re-use it on Encore, but I would imagine they'll send that crane back to the shop for cleaning and inspection before putting it up anywhere else.

Anything new going on at the Met/Encore? Any new photos? Thanks :D

From a distance (Yonge and Dundas) it looked like the crane was coming down - or will any time now.

Back