Solaris Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

I dont know about you guys, but the toilets are a bit too low, my piss always splashing out...

yes the toilets are lower than they should be ... because Tridel did a 'bait and switch' and lowered both the toilet and bathroom vanity cabinet height ... that's why I had to do a last minute $375 upgrade to thicken my counter to raise the counter height :(

the Caroma toilets that you see in the washrooms on the ground floor are the ones that were shown in the original Solaris model suite (first 2 photos below), whereas Tridel switched them out to the current lower toilets in the suites during construction tendering (3rd photo from my suite)

Model Suite showed this:
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1180.jpg

Tridel built this:
IMG_1181.jpg

Last edited:
it's little things like that which makes one very very wary of developers.

if they cheapen out on basic things one can see, imagine the stuff hidden behind drywall, etc that can't be viewed or easily inspected !?!

The pipe is for the garage gen set and will be painted.

There is still work ongoing on the roof mechanicals.

I must agree, the parking lot is tight. I don't get it given how large the footprint of this project is.

Other than that, I think Tridel did a great job with the project. Nice lobby, nice amenities (the gym is great) and the unit I was in was nice. I noticed there were no bulkheads in the entire space. The ac/heat venting was all built into the ceilling. Very nice feature.

Thanks TWM ... what is a "garage gen set" ??

TheKingEast....really ?? no bulkheads in the unit that you saw ?? you must have been visiting the 1 bedroom suite (unit # xx01/xx12/xx15/xx26), that is the ONLY type of unit in the ENTIRE complex without bulkheads THROUGHOUT the unit ........ indeed the lobby is decent and the gym is nice .... but again I will re-state, the bowling alley pool and the hot tub for 4 person is a total joke .... and yes parking aisles are really tight

Thanks TWM ... what is a "garage gen set" ??

TheKingEast....really ?? no bulkheads in the unit that you saw ?? you must have been visiting the 1 bedroom suite (unit # xx01/xx12/xx15/xx26), that is the ONLY type of unit in the ENTIRE complex without bulkheads THROUGHOUT the unit ........ indeed the lobby is decent and the gym is nice .... but again I will re-state, the bowling alley pool and the hot tub for 4 person is a total joke .... and yes parking aisles are really tight

The unit was a 1 bed+den. The A/C/heat vents are in the ceilling. So not only does it have a nice clean look, but added soundproofing from the neighbours above and beneath.

Last edited:
The unit was a 1 bed+den. The A/C/heat vents are in the ceilling. So not only does it have a nice clean look, but added soundproofing from the neighbours above and beneath.

The soundproofing isn't bad from the neighbours next to you. I haven't heard a thing from my neighbours to the right and left. ALTHOUGH! i hear noise from above, has anyone experience this, not sure if this is normal but i hear them walk time to time! sounds like they wear heels or something, not sure what it is...

Oooo i see ... you must have seen one of the few non-typical suites, may I ask what floor it is on ? Because on typical floors, all suites have bulkheads throughout the living room and dining room, except for the small 1 bedroom unit (1A) with suite #s ending in xx01/xx12/xx15/xx26

Oooo i see ... you must have seen one of the few non-typical suites, may I ask what floor it is on ? Because on typical floors, all suites have bulkheads throughout the living room and dining room, except for the small 1 bedroom unit (1A) with suite #s ending in xx01/xx12/xx15/xx26

Same floor as the customer care center....4th or 5th? 9ft ceillings.

That would be the 4th floor ... I think I know which suite it is then ~ (yup definitely a non-typical unit 1H+D facing the motor court) ... it is the one with a sort of awkward layout, large kitchen, but without balcony I believe ~

Oooo i see, so you were not touring units for sale through Tridel but rather for sale by owners .... FYI floors 3 + 4 are definitely unique with substantially higher ceilings (10 foot I think) .... whereas 9 foot ceiling is provided in floors 1, 2, 5, 6, 22, 36, 40 .... 8 foot ceilings is on remaining typical floors ... you will see the floor height difference in the photos below :)

it's little things like that which makes one very very wary of developers.

if they cheapen out on basic things one can see, imagine the stuff hidden behind drywall, etc that can't be viewed or easily inspected !?!

I always thought tridel was a quality builder but after comparing a friend who bought at monarch legacy, solaris is looking kind of dull

Back