News   Aug 07, 2024
 975     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 925     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 539     0 

Sightings ...

John Sewell and a small odd man with him both behind me at the City Hall cashier where I went to ask a question about next years taxes...

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Gargantua, flanked by two husky-boy security types, waddling through PATH from City Hall in a vast flying wedge formation and into Harry Rosen at FCP today at 2:50 p.m.

And in a continued mayoral theme: Mel Lastman walking out of (I think) that bagel joint in St Clair W of Yonge last week. (Hepatitis or not, he's looking pretty finger-in-the-light-sockettish these days.)

I touched Bellini.

This was in the 90s though. And it was actually that I physically walked into him by accident, I think around Yonge and Wellesley. And no, he wasn't dressed in a towel.

196915_512x288_generated.jpg

I've seen Mel a couple of times in his store on Kennedy. However, I was more impressed by seeing Trance Gemini working at Sporting Life in the bikes and snowboard store when she was a kid (after Ready or Not). It was amusing to see all the boys in the store fawn over her while trying not to appear like they were fawning over her.

280px-Trance.jpg

Last edited:
Gargantua, this morning at 10 o'clock, in that brightly-lit mini food court at Yonge and King - waddling in with his handlers, and followed by camera crews, while I tried the dreadful free coffee. After doing a circuit of the joint he left, and gave some sort of speech outside the front door. As I swept out of the building, seeing the Mayor's back to me and the cameras pointed in our direction, and knowing how much the cameras adore me, I gave a "thumbs down" and a grimace for them ... and walked on by.

Again, at The Only. This time it was Bob Rae and by-election candidate Grant Gordon, dropping off flyers to a rather disinterested mish mash of local writers and bohos.

Domi lived in Mississauga for a while. I know of some Raptors who lived on QQ last season. There are some Leafs living in the TipTop area.

my dad is an architect and worked on domi's house in york mills right before he left and abandoned the house, to his wife i think..

Back