273     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 666     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 662     0 

Should Canada keep the Monarchy?

Should Canada keep the Monarchy?

• Total voters
And not experience the wild and whacky world of the ever-organic King Chuck and his loyal consort Cammy B?

Then again, too bad we couldn't select Prince Harry to be show-Regent. With his frizzy red hair, penchant for questionable Halloween attire and love for boozy parties, he might bring an edgy, angry cool Britannia quality to the Monarchy. Nothing like a hung-over boy-King occupying the throne once again - one who would never balk at the idea of forgoing with cutlery at a state dinner.

Patience...

Why create a storm of controversy for no reason.

Plus, no one answered my question.

Who would become the new head of state???

Patience...

Why create a storm of controversy for no reason.

Plus, no one answered my question.

Who would become the new head of state???

Is there a storm of controversy concerning this topic on this board?

Considering how long this poll has been running, I'm quite sure everyone is being patient.

As to your question, I'll be head of state if no one else is available.

"If you like beer, you'll like me."

That'd be my slogan. Then I'd throw in some promise for a beer-based holiday in July.

I'm operating on the assumption that beer is underrated in the Canadian psyche.

I find it really distasteful that immigrants would come into this country and say that we should get rid of the monarchy because it doesn't have any meaning to them.

Yes, let's take away their right to vote or at least lessen their representation in government. Oh wait, immigrants already have less representation since they are concentrated in large urban centres.

But then again, the whole idea that immigrants should not have a say in whether or not Canada should get rid of the monarchy is ridiculous considering that it was immigrants who brought the monarchy to Canada in the first place.

Indeed. The Brits also brought smallpox, typhus, yellow fever and plague and we rid ourselves of those afflictions - so why do we still allow ourselves to be ruled over by their Hanoverian queen?

I was just thinking about the Royals and how they used to visit more often. There's no more people here in T.O. to host them. The Eatons used to, but their estates are gone. I think anyone with an estate of sufficient size might not 'rate' socially. Conrad Black might have tried but not after The Times quoted someone as saying he was 'London's biggest unhung bore'. :p

-Moose, just call me Moose.

Back