News   Jul 19, 2024
 529     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 826     2 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

Yes I did, but he needed help from more influential members. Minister of Training, Colleges & Universities doesn't exactly cross over much into transit. Premier Wynne and especially Glen Murray were outspoken on B-D. Not a peep from either on Sheppard, or from any key member of Toronto Council. So how can he possibly turn an inch into a mile and advance Sheppard?

No you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked. So you are going to sit here and tell me the premier won't change if the city votes for sheppard east? You have the crystal ball to tell me what will or won't happen? Glen Murray supporting it because.. it's Glen Murray and he changes his mind everyday.

I don't think your crystal ball is any clearer than the rest of ours, like your thesis that because the province supported BD extension it means everything will be supported. Sorry, the amount of money available is finite, and nobody give two sh*ts about Sheppard. Ten protestors showing up just shows you how weak that case is.

AoD

Last edited:
I don't think your crystal ball is any clearer than the rest of ours, like your thesis that because the province supported BD extension it means everything will be supported. Sorry, the amount of money available is finite, and nobody give two sh*ts about Sheppard.

AoD
My thesis was the province supported BD to get Scarborough to stop saying it wasn't fair that they don't have a subway.

Bare minimum is okay? I don't call a subway to anywhere "bare minimum" - for one to say otherwise with a straight face is entitlement.

AoD

Bare minimum is okay? I don't call a subway to anywhere "bare minimum" - for one to say otherwise with a straight face just smacks of unworthy entitlement.

AoD

Give me a break, this thing will be empty for most of the day. Entitlement is demanding a subway because you think you deserve one, unless you disagree with that statement as well.

Last edited:
Everything is half empty (or half full) most of the day, and like I have said, the case of BT to STC isn't that weak. If spending money on this extension (which will be well used) buy transit peace, why not? I consider it money well-spent.

AoD

Everything is half empty (or half full) most of the day, and like I have said, the case of BT to STC isn't that weak. If spending money on this extension (which will be well used) buy transit peace, why not? I consider it money well-spent.

AoD
Fine, agree to disagree Alvin. I respect you as a poster greatly but I don't like appeasement at all, never have.

it is not appeasement, it is politics - and like it or not, planning is a political exercise. Beware of winning the battle and losing the war.

AoD

No you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked. So you are going to sit here and tell me the premier won't change if the city votes for sheppard east? You have the crystal ball to tell me what will or won't happen? Glen Murray supporting it because.. it's Glen Murray and he changes his mind everyday.
Yes I did. That's twice you've essentially called me a liar today. I don't appreciate it.

Where is there any evidence the city would vote for a Sheppard East subway? The two councilors who spearheaded the move from LRT to B-D subway certainly don't support that. What other key councilors do?

Back