54     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 306     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 281     1 

saveoursubways (SOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gweed123, I suggest we follow RTES for route alignment and station stops as much as possible. That way our plans are based on a TTC commissioned Rapid Transit study, with some modification (like replacing the SRT with subway to STC).

When the final plan is done, would it be immediately available to everyone or would we have to wait until a meeting/presentation is given?

When the final plan is done, would it be immediately available to everyone or would we have to wait until a meeting/presentation is given?

When the group members are satisfied with the contents of the report, it will be posted both in this thread and on the SOS website.

I wish we could post the link to the new website now. I think it looks pretty cool :)

gweed123, I suggest we follow RTES for route alignment and station stops as much as possible. That way our plans are based on a TTC commissioned Rapid Transit study, with some modification (like replacing the SRT with subway to STC).

After looking at it, we pretty much already have, haha. Eglinton, Sheppard, and B-D west are pretty much identical to what's in RTES. The only variations are: the DRL (which isn't even in the report), Eglinton routing to Pearson (we used what appears to be listed as an alternative alignment in RTES), and the B-D East to STC (replacing SRT).

Besides those, we're very close to what has been proposed in RTES, which a few additions.

You are wasting time arguing like babies! Get the plan done!!

The person that's doing the arguing has declined the opportunity to be apart of our group, and by the looks of things that's probably for the best. If he hasn't clued in by now that there's such things as far-side bus stops connected to station mezzanines via underground walkways; and walking transfers as exemplar by several existing cases in the transit network, then perhaps he never will. I however will stop indulging his need to constantly attack the plan.

I'm with Juan on this, we need to notify some politicians/ community activists regarding SOS by month's end. A mention on the news would be great. If somehow we could get some market research study of how GTA residents really feel about the two competing concepts: SOS or TC? ,then we'd have ammunition to present to the TTC/City Hall/Metrolinx. If they can be convinced their votes and livelihoods are a stake, they might just jump at the chance to save face with Miller's folly and investigate new alternatives.

The person that's doing the arguing has declined the opportunity to be apart of our group ...
So if he's not apart of your group, then he must be part of the group? :)

Following RTES is a great plan. It makes it easier for them to pull the report off the shelf and simply use it to reject the plan.

I'm with Juan on this, we need to notify some politicians/ community activists regarding SOS by month's end. A mention on the news would be great. If somehow we could get some market research study of how GTA residents really feel about the two competing concepts: SOS or TC? ,then we'd have ammunition to present to the TTC/City Hall/Metrolinx. If they can be convinced their votes and livelihoods are a stake, they might just jump at the chance to save face with Miller's folly and investigate new alternatives.

The sooner your plan is done, the sooner myself and others could start running around and spread the word to as many people possible. With the SOS plan, now people have 2 plans to compare and contrast and see which one is best.

Last edited:
When the group members are satisfied with the contents of the report, it will be posted both in this thread and on the SOS website.
What else will you be doing to make sure this spreads as quickly as possible? Trying to get something in the paper (as an article) would be a good start. I'd like to think that this could eventually make it to Global or CP24.

As long as you make sure to raise the issue as serious as possible, it should be a guaranteed flint to getting real rapid transit going in the city.

The person that's doing the arguing has declined the opportunity to be apart of our group, and by the looks of things that's probably for the best. If he hasn't clued in by now that there's such things as far-side bus stops connected to station mezzanines via underground walkways; and walking transfers as exemplar by several existing cases in the transit network, then perhaps he never will. I however will stop indulging his need to constantly attack the plan.

While you've been turning this into the Duncetrobate Show, and while Juan has been whining twerpily, notice that almost everything I've suggested has been accepted.

Subways were explicitly rejected by the city. If you guys can't even deal with some actual common sense commentary being thrown at the plan, how on earth are you going to get anywhere with Giambrone or Metrolinx or parties hostile to subway expansions? By talking about Miller's folly and listing individual buildings along a route? Facts and finesse will help you, fiction and frothing won't.

While you've been turning this into the Duncetrobate Show, and while Juan has been whining twerpily, notice that almost everything I've suggested has been accepted.

Subways were explicitly rejected by the city. If you guys can't even deal with some actual common sense commentary being thrown at the plan, how on earth are you going to get anywhere with Giambrone or Metrolinx or parties hostile to subway expansions? By talking about Miller's folly and listing individual buildings along a route? Facts and finesse will help you, fiction and frothing won't.

I honestly don't think SOS cares what you think anymore so stop wasting your time posting what you think

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back