News   Jul 19, 2024
 121     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 975     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 884     0 

Sammy Yatim Shooting

We are talking about the initial shots...
No we're not. The second 6 shots clearly demonstrate that James Forcillo is grossly incompetent, and shouldn't be a police officer. As that is very clear, then his competence on the first 3 bullets comes into question.

You already said you didn't see any point in debating it further with us. However I guess you weren't telling the truth.

Not sure why your continuing to argue this. TPS, the Ontario Goverment, the Police Services Board, and even the Toronto Sun are reacting in a way that suggests that they have serious concerns about this shooting. That any rational person doesn't have concerns about this shooting belies credibility.

I'm not sure why you can't except that the Toronto police screwed up badly on this one.

You can't seem to make up your mind who "screwed up", what the screw up was, or what constitutes a screw up in the first place. You just keep repeating the same sheep mentality nonsense, while the points I have made are not even in dispute (ie...was Sammy dangerous, what lethal force is, etc).

I think 2nd degree is the correct charge. I'm guessing this will go to a judge trial vs jury.

2nd degree is the only logical charge. It seems like a crime of the moment, someone loosing their cool - as opposed to a premeditated killing.

Mind you there hasn't been a single conviction of a cop for murder or manslaughter charges since the SIU began.

While they may be charging him, the chances of him getting convicted are slim to none. There's something very wrong with this picture.

While they may be charging him, the chances of him getting convicted are slim to none. There's something very wrong with this picture.

You'd prefer the judicial system worked off public opinion?

Mind you there hasn't been a single conviction of a cop for murder or manslaughter charges since the SIU began.

Well would you rather the police be unjustifiably shooting people?

Out of curiosity, how many have actually been charged?

You'd prefer the judicial system worked off public opinion?

As much as I'm sure he didn't mean to, freshcutgrass hit upon the real issue here: cops aren't convicted because juries don't convict them. The judicial system actually DOES work off of public opinion in a way. Police always choose jury trials, and juries refuse to convict them. Cops get charged with various crimes all the time, and very VERY rarely get convicted of anything serious. If you want to complain about why cops don't go to jail, just look at the "average joe" (or jane). When push comes to shove, he (or she) just doesn't want to convict a cop.

Back