News   May 07, 2024
 376     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 357     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 847     3 

Royal Conservatory Of Music - Telus Centre for Performance & Learning (KPMB)

Looks very cool. Sometimes I wish I was gay... then I could have gone with you guys to see it.

As I understand it we aren't allowed to advertise our exclusionary outings on the forum ahead of time any more ... so you straight-as-string lads will just have to make do with glam shots of what happened.

Somewhere, there's a lovely image of Simply Dan, Future Mayor and myself in the back of an Army truck, heading off to bitch-slap the Taliban into submission, that was taken during our ten-man invasion of the Ex this year.

went to it today to take a peek and it is open. at least the first floor is. didn't try to venture anywhere else because security was there.

the connection between the old and the new is very well done with the glass connecting to both sides seamlessly.

in general, i really like projects that connect an old existing building with a new modern ones.

17 September 2008 photo update

These steps were made for sitting on:

DSC00591.jpg

Compared to the crude-looking ROMbarn the RCM looks like a museum display case!

The logo does seem excessive, and makes it seem more corporate than I would have liked. I wonder if it's part of the agreement to allow Telus to change the logo on the building when they see fit.

I don't know that it's excessive, considering that this is only one wing of the entire structure. As I visualize the logo on the Four Seasons /Opera House, this seems in line.

Junctionist, I would think that the logo on the building could be changed, if Telus were to come up with a new design for their logo in the future. They would want to maintain consistency in the "look" that they present.

Looks very cool. Sometimes I wish I was gay... then I could have gone with you guys to see it.

is there a gay social group of members that get together? I'd be very interested in meeting with them sometime....if anyone knows, I'd appreciate information....keep up the great work on UT guys....I've recommended the site to many people who have expressed an interest in Toronto architecture.

is there a gay social group of members that get together? I'd be very interested in meeting with them sometime....if anyone knows, I'd appreciate information....keep up the great work on UT guys....I've recommended the site to many people who have expressed an interest in Toronto architecture.

Ceaz - in case no-one has gotten back to you, yes there is. Please come 'round to our Yahoo Group site and introduce yourself!

It would have looked better had Telus just stuck to the regular font that 'Center for Performance Learning' is written in.

PE; regarding 'regular font', you mean of course Helvetica.

When I took that photo last week, what really stood out was the fact students (and others?) use the path under the stadium seats to go from Bloor St West to UofT campus--I'm gonna have to check it out sometime.

Interestingly, all of y'all missed my point: It wasn't the Telus logo that bothered me exactly; rather it was the entire "Telus Centre for Performance and Learning" script, which looks rather conservative corporate--is the place for learning how to create better corporate performance, perhaps?--rather than a funky recital hall/music school.

Either way, I hope the UofT comes to their senses, and builds student residences/retail along that dreary dead stretch of Bloor West during the next building cycle....

Either way, I hope the UofT comes to their senses, and builds student residences/retail along that dreary dead stretch of Bloor West during the next building cycle....

God lets hope they dont.They would have to eliminate the north end of the track and part of the stands in order to build any new development on the south side of Bloor street There is no room to relocate the track with new pavilions going up in the south end of the stadium.Im sure that UofT can find many different locations that they own nearby to build student residences.

Varsity_Centre_dec_7_20061.jpg

http://www.varsitycentre.ca/in-focus/varsity-centre-is-growing-again/

Pavillion_21.jpg

Back