2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 734     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAL replied to me on Twitter! Of course, she totally deflected from what I said.

She's never replied to me on Twitter...

...though my first tweet to her was to call her the c-word after her defamatory piece on Jack Layton right before the last federal election. Look it up, it there was ever a time for such language, that was it.

Personally, as far as I can tell, nothing of value was lost.

If you think I'm exaggerating, ask yourself this: Why did Tory support the Fords? What did he like about them? Why did he defend them on his radio program until quite recently? I can barely stomach the average uninformed voter saying he "made a mistake" in 2010 when he voted for Rob Ford. But John Tory? He knew better. He knew better and he still helped elect both those douchebags.

It makes no sense to me that someone who thinks the Fords are such a disgrace would want to elect a politician so closely aligned with these same idiots.

There does seems to be a tendency in Conservative circles (not exclusively to be sure, but one could argue more so) to put 'party above all else'. And the Ford endorsement/continuing support could be seen in light of that. However, it does seem to expose a glaring hypocrisy that is disconcerting, to put it mildly.

Personally, I respect the 'ex-politics' John Tory. He has done some amazing and selfless civic-minded things. However, I cannot stomach the Kouvalis-upped 'John Tory the Politician'. If we could be certain which John Tory we were going to get in government, the choice would be simpler. As it stands, we don't and it's not. The expression of frustration (somewhere above) at having to choose 'least-worst' is a damning indictment of this election cycle.

Last edited:
I just realized why Rob is hanging around the polling stations. Poor Rob, he's not allowed to be with Doug while he's camping in the RV. Doug is the one getting selfies taken, not Rob, because he's going to be the new mayor. Unless Rob knocks on doors, this is the only way for him to get the adoration that he requires daily. Wow, I almost feel sorry for him, having to go cold turkey on the selfies.

Last edited:
Lost in the story of Ford at polling stations: the Ford campaign is using Rob to ferry individual seniors to polling stations. Doesn't that seem like a waste of a pretty big resource?

Lost in the story of Ford at polling stations: the Ford campaign is using Rob to ferry individual seniors to polling stations. Doesn't that seem like a waste of a pretty big resource?
Rob is a liability not an asset. How many times this past week have we heard Doug say he's not Rob? Plus he takes the attention away from Doug, and it's his turn now to be mayor. Poor Rob, didn't even see the bus coming.

I wonder if they will bus people to polling stations on election day. They have clearly learned that no one cares once they have already broken rules.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags · 1m1 minute ago
Our @livcarville has confirmed Rob Ford has now three times been asked to leave polling stations for breaking the Municipal Elections Act.

I just realized why Rob is hanging around the polling stations. Poor Rob, he's not allowed to be with Doug while he's camping in the RV. Doug is the one getting selfies taken, not Rob, because he's going to be the new mayor. Unless Rob knocks on doors, this is the only way for him to get the adoration that he requires daily. Wow, I almost feel sorry for him, having to go cold turkey on the selfies.

Rob is a liability not an asset. How many times this past week have we heard Doug say he's not Rob? Plus he takes the attention away from Doug, and it's his turn now to be mayor. Poor Rob, didn't even see the bus coming.

I think you're right on both counts pattycakes.

Compared to Rob's first trip to hospital, his second was barely noted. There were no flashing cameras when he arrived, and none when he left. He's barely had any attention, including the selfie-loving public "adoration" of which he is so fond. He's not running for mayor, just for his old council seat, and the fact that he's spending zero time in Ward 2 suggests he doesn't think much of the step down from the big seat.

In the meantime, Doug is eating up all the press, the public attention, and running his own campaign on his own terms (finally!). And Diane Ford has made it clear she couldn't be prouder of Doug. There's no place for Rob in that campaign and he knows it.

Isn't that Mikey's job, to be chauffeur? Where the heck is he anyway? Silent and MIA.

Rob's allergic to his own ward, it seems. The camping sign tear-down and defacement is almost epidemic there, so maybe Rob thinks it will get him too, political creature that he is. He's looking like a sad figure doing what he's doing, yet breaking the rules still. I suppose he'll skate away on sympathy. But, as ever, the question is "WTF?"

You'd think FoFam would spend Rofo's sympathy points a little better than this. Where's the FoFam cancer fundraiser? Time's a running out. Don't tell me they couldn't pull it together? Or just too cheap to put in a few bucks of their own behind their loud mouths?

Aside from any predicted FN violence at NPS on the 27th, the old Ford looks like it's going to end not with a bang, but a whimper.

sad-clown.jpg

Attachments

• sad-clown.jpg
    sad-clown.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 744
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back