565     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 624     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who's bigger priority is screwing over Robbie's enemies. Even though he's one of Rob's buddies, he's admitted before he's a bit of a buffoon. Yet he still thinks he should be mayor! On a side note, the guy somehow personally knows MetroMan.

Ah. So this is probably the guy who said Diane wrote the crack tape speech and that Ford knew about the tumour in May.

It just occurred to me that a haggis is really just a big kishka ... with oats.

It's amazing the lengths communities have gone to conserve resources and eliminate waste. Today's disposable cultures can learn a lot about exploitation and over consumption.

I agree with you, I have been called out on using the term "emotional", and accused of being sexist. In my experience we can all get emotionally involved in conversations, just like there is a drama queen lurking around in everyone.

Thanks JWBF. But, it was my mistake. I shouldn't have used a word from the job on this forum. Nice time I'll be more careful in my choice of words.

I'm not perfect... ;)

Yes, I'm aware (thanks largely to posters on this thread!) that steroids are often prescribed in support of chemotherapy for nausea and inflammation. I was more wondering about whether they would be appropriate for someone with morbid obesity, given the weight gain they inevitably cause and the higher risk of heart attack.

I can't imagine that gaining even more weight is in any way going to improve Ford's chances of surviving chemo and possible surgery. Are there no non-steroid drugs that could assist with nausea and inflammation?

But hey, zero days of med school, I could be completely off base.

My experience with anti-inflammatory steroids is limited but I imagine the extent to which weight gain occurs depends on the dosage. I was on a course of prednisone at one point for inflammation and although I did notice an increase in appetite initially (and I ate more, accordingly), the effect became less pronounced after a while (possibly also due to the fact that the doctor wanted to taper off the dosage as soon as possible as well). So I didn't really experience much of a weight gain, but then again, things could be very different for Ford.

Also, although I have no familiarity with steroids to combat post-chemo nausea, I find the idea of steroids counteracting nausea wryly amusing: as my prednisone dosage was approaching zero I began experiencing short but powerful dizzy spells, worse than anything I had ever been able to achieve with the aid of alcohol. I suppose I could have stopped that by increasing the dosage again, but that was very much not the point.

Matt Elliot posted the breakout of the Forum poll. There was a ridiculously low number of 18-34's polled v. 65+ (land line skew) And the 18-34's they called overwhelmingly favoured Ford. I just crunched the raw unweighted numbers... Tory 46% to Ford 33% 13 points.. not a statistical tie.

I've looked at the Forum polls breakdowns. Consistently 2/3 of those polled are 55+. They may be the most likely to vote, but the astonishing underrepresentation of 18-54 makes the poll pretty much useless. And oh yeah, landlines.

It's amazing the lengths communities have gone to conserve resources and eliminate waste. Today's disposable cultures can learn a lot about exploitation and over consumption.

Yep. Pretty much any community that has experienced war or other deprivation knows how to reduce consumption and reuse something long before thinking of recycling/disposal, as we tend to do more readily. This is very different from 'finding efficiencies' and various forms of top-down austerity, but I digress.

But I bet they are on untended corners and hydro corridors and the like. I see some around too. But very few on actual houses.
Burnhamthorpe, from roughly Martin Grove to the East Mall, has more Ford signs than for any other person. Every time I drive there, my wife's blood pressure rises a few points.

So what happens with everyone here if Doug wins? What will you guys do?

Moving is not an option. I think perhaps I will try to completely disengage from politics. Which will be hard because I'm now so emotionally invested. Perhaps the answer is just to attempt to coldly intellectualize and take it day by day.

But - i will be a changed person, for the worse. Without overdramatizing, it will be a change akin to the way my eyes were opened after 9/11.

If Karla was the least bit proud of her Jewish roots (whether new found or not), she would've been at the debate supporting her goyim husband. Was she?

If Doug was the least bit aware of Karla's Jewish roots, he would've mentioned it at the debate. He didn't.

So, in spite of the awesome genealogical research posted here, I think we all knew he was lying right out of the gate.

Goyisher husband, or shaygets, I believe. Goyim is what the Fords are, collectively.

Now there's a guy on the NP site claiming Tory's mother was secretly Jewish.

I've looked at the Forum polls breakdowns. Consistently 2/3 of those polled are 55+. They may be the most likely to vote, but the astonishing underrepresentation of 18-54 makes the poll pretty much useless. And oh yeah, landlines.

Tell you something that gives me pause about the Forum Polls..D Ford's seeming support in the Old City
Sept 12 17%.... Sept 22 18%...Sept 29 25%...Oct 2 27% if that trend continues in NXNW direction there is some concern...All that D Ford have to would to do is make sure the vote breaks his way in Wards 15,16,23,24,25 and 26 and he takes over Oct 28. If I were him I'd be concentrating heavily in those areas...

Last edited:
Moving is not an option. I think perhaps I will try to completely disengage from politics. Which will be hard because I'm now so emotionally invested. Perhaps the answer is just to attempt to coldly intellectualize and take it day by day.

But - i will be a changed person, for the worse. Without overdramatizing, it will be a change akin to the way my eyes were opened after 9/11.

Why not? Moving could give a fresh start.

He's been signalling his openness to the Pride parade for a while--there's nothing really new about the formal announcement. the only thing that was weird was his total fumbling of the opportunity to go "big tent" at the debate.

Doug looks like some government agent trying to blend it to the indigenous population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back