162     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 750     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. I found out a few years ago my elementary school bully was found dead of an overdose under the box he lived in. I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for him in any way, although I did stop short of replying "good" when I was told.

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

Why does that concern you? Why doesn't that make you pause and wonder about the quality of the poll??

Seriously. Does anyone really believe that Doug Ford is increasing his chances in the old city of Toronto?

It doesn't make a difference about the quality of the poll, it is all in perception and voters perceive D Ford to on a roll the sheep will follow....The fact of the matter if the Orez Llin Poll came out tomorrow with 53% Tory....27% Chow...20% D Ford it would be believable as a majority have that perception in the back of their minds...They wouldn't bother looking at the poller's name
There is no consistency to Tory's numbers outside the Old City and his numbers there have been dropping 49/45/43/41 most of losses seemingly going to D Ford. While Chow seems ensconced somewhere between 26 and 31% in the Old City..
J Tory should be doing some navel gazing to figure out why the leakage is happening

Last edited:
Why not? Moving could give a fresh start.

Come to Barbados! All welcome! Caveat: severe recession and huge debt load mean jobs not overly plentiful on the island right now.

To the original question: if my head doesn't explode from a Ford win, I'll try to disengage. With a Tory or Chow win, I'll definitely disengage and find some local politics to rail about, probably. Also probably better for my long-term health!

Nothing. I was born and raised in Toronto. This is my city and I'm not going to be run out of town by some conglomerate of fools who know nothing about this city beyond their property tax statement and how long it takes them to drive to work. People like the Fords and their dumb-downed politics will come and go. I'll still be here.

I'm born & raised here too, but this is not the Toronto I know and love, I feel like I've been cheated on all my life with this side show and shocking revelations of the past few years. I'm not worried about Doug winning, I'm more sad about Tory winning and Chow losing. As Ari says, "John Tory is Doug Ford in sheep's clothing" (I really like Ari a lot!). So four years of Tory, maybe eight. Eventually there will be a correction, there always is. At least under Tory the hate will subside and go back into the closet so I can pretend it's really not there - I never realized how deeply rooted hate was in this city, another troubling gift that the Fords have helped expose and stir up. I mentioned here recently that my friend was the victim of a gay hate crime in the Village - in broad daylight - plus I see homophobia running rampant in the past year or two, and people wonder why we still need a Gay Pride event these days. This is why.
Rob will win his Ward - sad for Andray Domise who could really do a lot of good for that neglected Ward, so the Ford nonsense will continue but with far less focus, until Rob is too sick to work - or dies.

You think more crack video news will affect Dougs support, even though it's about His bro?
For awhile there Crack Video News could have been a weekly or monthly newsletter. It hasn't been publishing all that much lately, though. Is there something new coming out? Are you hinting at something, Jimmi?

trustee sam

I saw my first Ford for Mayor sign this AM.
North side of St. Clair between Vic Park and O'Connor.

The only one I've seen. And I drove through Norm Kelly's ward.
Saw a shit-ton of Trustee Sam signs though. I cannot believe that people support that clown publicly.

I live on the edge of Norm's ward, one of Sam's wards ( he also represents my ward, 39). Sam was heavily sponsored by Jim Kargiannis before being elected. Also there is a fairly large Greek community in both wards which supports both Jim and Sam.
I'm voting for Minna Wong since she seems to be the likliest candidate to defeat Sam

Yes, I'm aware (thanks largely to posters on this thread!) that steroids are often prescribed in support of chemotherapy for nausea and inflammation. I was more wondering about whether they would be appropriate for someone with morbid obesity, given the weight gain they inevitably cause and the higher risk of heart attack.

I can't imagine that gaining even more weight is in any way going to improve Ford's chances of surviving chemo and possible surgery. Are there no non-steroid drugs that could assist with nausea and inflammation?

But hey, zero days of med school, I could be completely off base.

I was also surprised to hear he would be on steroids. I has always thought it was to prevent the the wasting factor of chemo. It is also giving to those with AIDS for that reason. And pot for both to increase appetite. Always prepared for a mental refit at UT.

I don't know how much trust you want to put into arrival records of even marriage registrations going back to the late 19th or early 20th centuries...Hebrew immigrants were for the greatest part very circumspect about revealing themselves to the point of marrying under Christian rite and fully anglizing names. Sometimes the only way you would find out they were Hebrew was on death given the Jewish burial rites and the necessity of being buried under your Hebrew name..

Total BS. Very few Eastern European Jewish immigrants converted to Christianity in Canada. And in Eastern Europe itself it was even more rare.

He may have been confused by the word "Orthodox". Often we hear it spoken only as a single word.

All the evidence indicates Eastern Orthodox Church. But, he may have innocently / conveniently confused it with Orthodox Judaism.

With these guys, I would consider a "mistake" such as that a definite possibility.

Yes that wouldn't surprise me at all. Orthodox Jews, Russian Orthodox Christian, hard to tell them apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back