5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dreams yet about Fofam. But I do have a nightmare scenario. It's Giroux being told by Blair to let the case go, and to forget it because this is Crazy Town.

Another thought I had when reading the Star article is that Donovan and company have become quite brazen in their characterization of Ford now - no more 'alleged' - for instance he FLATOUT says that Ford was driving drunk on the night of the Big Mac Sack Attack. Maybe I'm reading into things too much, but I think they know something is coming down the pipeline for RFord soon and they've dropped all pretenses.

Based on the cost of defending yourself from a libel suit is not trivial - I'd say there could be something to this or they know the Ford's won't sue as it would drag more dealings into the light of day...

I see we're talking about FoFam dreams, so here's my 10 cents:

It was a couple of weeks ago. I work in digital prepress and print production in real life. In my dream, I was working for Deco. I'm sure it's not quite like this but, in my dream, there were Ford More Years stickers everywhere, stuck on walls, equipment etc. I hadn't worked there for long so I didn't really know anybody but I remember looking for anyone who might be of the same opinions as myself. I didn't have much success. The dream ended as Doug arrived looking like he'd been up for days, unshaven, stressed etc. He'd come to the Deco plant to pick up Rob's massive black poodle who was running loose and crapping on the floors. When I woke I was pretty shook because everything seemed alarmingly believable. It took a few coffees and a long shower to shake that one.

This is frrom a recap of Ford's speech today at the National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show in Mississauga. It's very obvious he hasn't stopped using, anyone recovering from substance abuse can always tell you the day they quit. They count in days not "months and months". He is trying the contrition card, and it's not working. It's way too little, way too late.

"During Ford’s address, which was part confessional, part pep-talk, he did not explicitly discuss his struggles with drugs and alcohol, or his recent stint in rehab. When a reporter asked if he is clean and sober, he laughed.
“When you ask these questions, it’s comical,” he said. “Yes, absolutely, I think the whole world can see that.”
He would not pinpoint when he had his last drink, saying only that it was “months and months ago.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...es_dark_personal_days_at_trade_show_talk.html

This is frrom a recap of Ford's speech today at the National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show in Mississauga. It's very obvious he hasn't stopped using, anyone recovering from substance abuse can always tell you the day they quit. They count in days not "months and months". He is trying the contrition card, and it's not working. It's way too little, way too late.

"During Ford’s address, which was part confessional, part pep-talk, he did not explicitly discuss his struggles with drugs and alcohol, or his recent stint in rehab. When a reporter asked if he is clean and sober, he laughed.
“When you ask these questions, it’s comical,” he said. “Yes, absolutely, I think the whole world can see that.”
He would not pinpoint when he had his last drink, saying only that it was “months and months ago.”

See this is what I don't get. Why can't he just come out and say he is clean and sober, hasn't had a drink and yada yada and pick a date for his last drink. It's not like he hasn't been lying non stop throughout his life, so what's one more? Why this imaginary line in the sand?

Also, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having FoFam dreams. For a moment there, I thought maybe I was a bit too obsessed with them!:))

OTOH, maybe we all are!

Thoughts are swirling around my head as well:

1. Jimmi's comments: The dots will be connected, homicide detectives leading Brazen 2, possible homicide (Anthony Smith? Someone else?)
2. Why on earth is Brazen 2 getting a search warrant for a video of Ford smoking crack? It's obvious, he's smoking crack. What else could possibly be so important that they think they'll uncover from that night?
3. Did Kathy spill some beans? If so, what is her current relationship to Rug&Tug? And how does that work with them supporting her son?

Urg, the carrot is always dangling.

What you want to do is get a look at Kathy's warrant....Somewhere in the body there is going to 3 or 4 seeming vague innocuous words that will allow the cops to get exactly what they are fishing for....(it is a stepping stone not the goal)

Last edited:
I wonder, if he got elected (just a hypothetical question), he'd jump right back into drinking/drugs again. I can see him being very focused on the campaign and abstaining until it's over, however he has gluttony written all over him and I don't think food will be his only satisfying source for long. I just imagine him elected and going on a major binge (in private of course) saying "Hell Yeah now I need to PARTY!!!".

The only dream of Robbie and Dougie is one where Robbie steps up to the podium at CH and says "I resign as mayor immediately, I will answer not questions." and then leave with Dougie.

Thoughts are swirling around my head as well:

1. Jimmi's comments: The dots will be connected, homicide detectives leading Brazen 2, possible homicide (Anthony Smith? Someone else?)
2. Why on earth is Brazen 2 getting a search warrant for a video of Ford smoking crack? It's obvious, he's smoking crack. What else could possibly be so important that they think they'll uncover from that night?
3. Did Kathy spill some beans? If so, what is her current relationship to Rug&Tug? And how does that work with them supporting her son?

Urg, the carrot is always dangling.

Don't forget, there is also an outstanding civil action against Rob for the prison beating of Scott MacIntyre, Kathy's ex-boyfriend. Perhaps Kathy shared some info with police regarding this?

We took mischief to the next level. Once we broke into a community meeting and nailed everyone with eggs. Then one little guy tried to make a citizens arrest. He kept yelling "Stop! Citizens arrest!" Like that would work lol. We ended that night breaking into a school bus, hot boxing it and then sending it down a hill through someone's backyard fence.

Sounds like the kind of kids who would grow up to steal a backhoe to break into Mario bros coin wash for the change machine.

And this gem leading off the article:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 913
CP24 @CP24
Mayor Rob Ford is speaking at The National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show in Mississauga. Tune into CP24 for LIVE coverage.

CP24 @CP24
"I am absolutely not perfect. Did I have some problems last year? Absolutely," Ford says.

CP24 @CP24
"I went away, dealt with the issue head-on and game back stronger and better," Ford says of rehab trip. "I wish I had done it years ago."

CP24 @CP24
"In politics it gets pretty vicious. You got to take the high ground. I am still trying to learn that," Ford admits.

This has what to do with trade?

Funny, I heard all he did in rehab was workout and party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back