856     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 766     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody here go to the Jesus In The City Parade? Right at the beginning of the parade, they had a big sign saying THANK YOU MAYOR ROB FORD. Praising Ford at the start of a religious parade? If that doesn't beat all. It had me laughing.

What brings a person closer to Jesus, than smoking crack? I'm not sure if Jesus would approve of letting your friends shtup your wife?

Last edited:
I have hoped for this after every single scandal and it never happens. In fact, a lot of them seem much more steadfast in their support for him now than ever. In January after the Steak Queen video came out, Hate the War on Ford even posted a whole thing about how if that sort of behaviour continued, it would be an impediment to continuing to support him. After months more of that behaviour, they now no longer even acknowledge it.

I think Doug's comment that people would support Ford even if he were booked for murder seems more and more relevant.

This guy could roast babies on live tv and eat them from a clamshell and Ford Nation would remain unaffected. There is literally nothing the guy could do that would significantly alter his level of support. Seriously. Nothing.

How about this: Rob, come election night, scoops up 8 or 9% of the vote, is thouroughly humiliated, trounced and bounced, goes on a wicked 8-ball double hooker bender in his office, chains himself to his desk and refuses to leave, not realizing that he still has several weeks to serve.

Not really that far-fetched, all things considered.

Why hasn't this gained any traction? Friggen Natalie ctv Johnson always does fluff shit on ford bobbleheads and this gets nothing.
Is it possible to find a paper trail on this ? Or is it prolly a case of just an unknown letter signed by flaherty - or maybe Harper himself?

Omg that self congratulatory promo on CTV about how Natalie gets to the truth. Shes the only one who calls politicians on their lies wow. Delusional much.

carelessstetson.jpg

Attachments

• carelessstetson.jpg
    carelessstetson.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 723
Did anybody here go to the Jesus In The City Parade? Right at the beginning of the parade, they had a big sign saying THANK YOU MAYOR ROB FORD. Praising Ford at the start of a religious parade? If that doesn't beat all. It had me laughing.

What brings a person closer to Jesus, than smoking crack? I'm not sure if Jesus would approve of letting your friends shtup your wife?

The guy behind that parade is basically the Canadian Fred Phelps though...

This guy could roast babies on live tv and eat them from a clamshell and Ford Nation would remain unaffected. There is literally nothing the guy could do that would significantly alter his level of support. Seriously. Nothing.

How about this: Rob, come election night, scoops up 8 or 9% of the vote, is thouroughly humiliated, trounced and bounced, goes on a wicked 8-ball double hooker bender in his office, chains himself to his desk and refuses to leave, not realizing that he still has several weeks to serve.

Not really that far-fetched, all things considered.

If he was arrested for even the most serious of charges, Ford Nayshun would back him 100% A third video? Forget about it.

They would vote for him if he died.

And immediately refused entry into Deco by their brother Randy, because of their lack of skills?

Or maybe a hostile takeover, or have all their funds frozen for tax evasion. I kind of like the loss wealth scenarios.

Omg that self congratulatory promo on CTV about how Natalie gets to the truth. Shes the only one who calls politicians on their lies wow. Delusional much.

She's a nice person but I've seen her talk to Doug and she's so friendly. The reports are always PR vids. At the hulk hogan thing Doug flirted with her about wrestling her anytime and she giggled. I said to her "ew right?!" And she was like "nah he's great"
Even the interns pulling cables loved them and got selfies. Total vomit.
They're so privileged to be able to make the news yet so into being their own celebs.

One post I found amusing on IHTWOMRF is that when Bill Murray commented on Ford, he was clearly being sarcastic, but Neil saw it as support for his re-election. None of these celebs who might comment on him actually back him for mayor. Saying "I wish him the best" doesn't mean that they love him...

Last edited:
More likely they just don't care one way or another. I frankly find the media asking all the celebrities about Rob Ford kind of embarrassing for Canada. Can you imagine if the New York media regularly asked celebrities about Anthony Weiner during his scandal? Rob Ford is now another Notable Canadian Thing, like poutine, hockey, maple syrup, etc.

One thing I find about Ford's troll followers: they're so bwahaha-losers-when-he-wins-cant-wait-to-see-your-faces *confident*. By comparison, Ford's opponents have a lot less bwahaha to them--they genuinely *allow* for the possibility of his winning. The troll followers have no corresponding allowance for Ford's losing.

Makes me wonder how they'll cope if (I'm not saying when) he loses.

Well, RFord's supporters are nothing if not consistent. This is the exact same bravado and misplaced confidence that they collectively displayed in the early days of the crack video scandal, namely: "There is no video!/I don't believe it because I've never seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

By and large, his supporters have consistently shown a startling lack of ability to judge character and interpret/analyze information. I remember hearing about the crack video for the first time and thinking "Oh, this makes perfect sense and explains why this guy acts the way he does."

It is proof for them that we elect idiots too!

Totally. The saddest moment for me was seeing a Globe reporter ask Eddie Izzard about Rob Ford. Like... we look so pathetic, like we're so excited that we have this crazy mayor who celebrities might know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back