5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 714     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find about Ford's troll followers: they're so bwahaha-losers-when-he-wins-cant-wait-to-see-your-faces *confident*. By comparison, Ford's opponents have a lot less bwahaha to them--they genuinely *allow* for the possibility of his winning. The troll followers have no corresponding allowance for Ford's losing.

Makes me wonder how they'll cope if (I'm not saying when) he loses.

Funny, I heard all he did in rehab was workout and party.

Yes, I have many mutual friends with the guy who was claiming he heard Ford was brought in booze and an eight-ball right to rehab. I believe it, don't understand the lack of follow up.

Yes, I have many mutual friends with the guy who was claiming he heard Ford was brought in booze and an eight-ball right to rehab. I believe it, don't understand the lack of follow up.

I'm sure follow up was attempted. Maybe still something in the works.

Or maybe she got a call after interacting with Donovan on Twitter.

I'm sure follow up was attempted. Maybe still something in the works.

Who would be following this up? The facility doesn't want it known, the police have a gentleman's agreement with treatment centres not to raid them. The press got someone to go on record already so who would be still digging on this topic?
ETA sorry not on record.

Last edited:

This ones hard to prove for a story because there are so few witnesses.

One thing I find about Ford's troll followers: they're so bwahaha-losers-when-he-wins-cant-wait-to-see-your-faces *confident*. By comparison, Ford's opponents have a lot less bwahaha to them--they genuinely *allow* for the possibility of his winning. The troll followers have no corresponding allowance for Ford's losing.

Makes me wonder how they'll cope if (I'm not saying when) he loses.

They won't. They won't see it as a legitimate loss. They'll cry about vote fixing. They're already crying about how ALL of the media is conspiring to make John Tory look good (didn't know newsrooms in Toronto were so anti-competitive).

The election will be stolen in their eyes. I just hope they have the brains to eventually shut up about it and realize that their stupid initial trust in Rob Ford was misplaced, and that their own cognitive dissonance reduction is what caused them to keep holding onto to a sinking, burning, radioactive ship.

Hope however, is a waking dream.

And this gem leading off the article:

View attachment 32544

Why hasn't this gained any traction? Friggen Natalie ctv Johnson always does fluff shit on ford bobbleheads and this gets nothing.
Is it possible to find a paper trail on this ? Or is it prolly a case of just an unknown letter signed by flaherty - or maybe Harper himself?

I just hope they have the brains to eventually shut up about it and realize that their stupid initial trust in Rob Ford was misplaced, and that their own cognitive dissonance reduction is what caused them to keep holding onto to a sinking, burning, radioactive ship.

I have hoped for this after every single scandal and it never happens. In fact, a lot of them seem much more steadfast in their support for him now than ever. In January after the Steak Queen video came out, Hate the War on Ford even posted a whole thing about how if that sort of behaviour continued, it would be an impediment to continuing to support him. After months more of that behaviour, they now no longer even acknowledge it.

I think Doug's comment that people would support Ford even if he were booked for murder seems more and more relevant.

Are any polls expected to come out not by Forum? I would love to see his support sink to low 20's, but for some reason, that 27% seems constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back