News   Jul 18, 2024
 644     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 546     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 31667

Some have called Rob Ford a visionary. My vision may be too blurred to see it, as his talk to me sounds spaced-out and from another planet. Using my other senses, I have pieced together the fragments and now I think I know what he’s trying to say:

e-cig smoking raccoons will be the biggest (and most political) environmental disaster in Toronto history. (You read it here first.)

:p:D

If you happen to have been left off Robbity's invite list, here's the invite to dinner at his mom's house. Hat-tip to Goldsbie on twitters. I wonder how many of his supporters will fork out the cash?

"Please forward to all your friends"??? Doesn't sound very exclusive to me. D'you think they'd let me in with my Gary Giroux sign? Alternatively, I'd make a donation to get Goldsbie inside.

from http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/19/ford-campaign-holding-300-invite-fundraiser

Don Peat, not Wormtongue.

TORONTO - If you’ve got $300 and you support Mayor Rob Ford, you could have an “intimate evening†with him.

The Ford re-election campaign is organizing a fundraiser for Thursday night at the home of the mayor’s mother.

An e-mail invite for the event, billed as “an intimate and elegant evening,†went out late Monday night.

The invite, signed by campaign manager Doug Ford, called the exclusive event the “premier event of the election season.â€

Although a ticket costs $300 per person, the invite points out it is eligible for a $225 rebate from the City of Toronto under the city’s election rules, so the net cost to attendees will be $75.

In an interview Tuesday, Doug Ford stressed they are planning on keeping the night “intimate†with only around 200 guests.

“It is not going to be one of these 3,000, 4,000 people situations. Mom won’t let us,†he said. “We’re going to do quite a few of these.â€

An intimate dinner? What's on the menu?
maxresdefault1.jpg

I go away on holidays and the wackiest Ford crap floats to the top of the political pond.

Did Ford just issue that fundraiser invite tonight? There must be some magnet bills due because very few people I know (okay, none) send out invites to exclusive events a mere 48 hours before scheduled.

Cheques? Ha ha. I would not be at all surprised if they pulled the address info from them to put on the campaign list or Rob's infamous clipboard o' callers.

This is hilarious. Apart from anything else, it really exposes the lie behind the belligerent tough guy act that Mayor Circus Clown so often wears like a cheap suit. Oooh, poor widdle Ford, terrified of the big, bad racoons. I see them all the time in my neighborhood, and they leave you alone if you leave them alone, just as Oriana says.

It isn't that he's terrified so much as he's got a dumbbell's "empathy" for Renata and the kids being terrified--which is telling you how stunted *they* are.

Unless this ruckus about taking out the trash has less to do with raccoons than with Rob'n'Renata's mutual state of impairment, of course. (Which'd probably also impair one's faculties in dealing with wayward raccoons, one presumes.)

I go away on holidays and the wackiest Ford crap floats to the top of the political pond.

Did Ford just issue that fundraiser invite tonight? There must be some magnet bills due because very few people I know (okay, none) send out invites to exclusive events a mere 48 hours before scheduled.

Cheques? Ha ha. I would not be at all surprised if they pulled the address info from them to put on the campaign list or Rob's infamous clipboard o' callers.

Things I love about that invite:
-That DIANE FORD is plugged twice at the start, as if the absolute worst mother ever (3 drug addicts and a dealer -huzzah!) is a draw. Couldn't rope in the PM again, I guess? No, Stevie didn't want to get in on the next phase of the dynasty?

-The RANDOM capitalization, even when it comes to the "city of Toronto" I also HOPE to SEE YOU THERE!

-The equally random bolding. Don't just send any cheque, send a personal cheque!

-Then sometimes thing aren't bold or all caps...they're just blue.

-This is just a stupid misplaced bracket:
Cost : $ 300 per person (rebate from the City of Toronto =
$ 225) - Net Cost = $75

$300 minus the net cost is $75?

-The wording all over is just poor. Forward to all your friends, "as appropriate"?? What does that even mean? Who cares that it's in Diane's backyard specifically?

-How am I supposed to get a cheque to them in two days!

It's not that I really expect more (and note they haven't really replaced that earlier large event they were supposed to do in Vaughan) but it's amazing how amateur it is. The fact that after everything that's happened Ford is polling 20% while running about as inept a campaign as you possibly could is stunning. These guys are coasting on fumes.

Growing up (outside T.O.), I also lived on a ravine (well, more of an erosion with trees on the edge of a forest thing) and had all manner of critters marching about.

*On* a ravine, as opposed to *in* a ravine, which is what RoFo and his buds'd be doing if they didn't have parents' money and/or basements as a cushion...

-The equally random bolding. Don't just send any cheque, send a personal cheque!

Corporate donations are illegal, so you can only use personal cheques.

If you're the owner of the Boardwalk Pub, that means $2,500 personal cheques to Sandra Bussin from you, your wife, your kids, your waitresses, your dishwashers and your bartenders.

And another thing about this evening-with-RoFo thingamajig: it's happening the same night as the next Mayoral debate (the heritage one). Is he skooting away from *that* one? (Not that RoFo would have anything coherent to say about heritage, of course. And not that the likely attendees give a sh- about heritage, either.)

If you happen to have been left off Robbity's invite list, here's the invite to dinner at his mom's house. Hat-tip to Goldsbie on twitters. I wonder how many of his supporters will fork out the cash?

Nothing like an intimate and elegant evening in Mom's backyard.

"You kids keep it down out there, I'm trying to watch my Rizzoli And Isles!"

"Dammit, Mom! You're ruining the elegance!"

Things I love about that invite:
-That DIANE FORD is plugged twice at the start, as if the absolute worst mother ever (3 drug addicts and a dealer -huzzah!) is a draw. Couldn't rope in the PM again, I guess? No, Stevie didn't want to get in on the next phase of the dynasty?

-The RANDOM capitalization, even when it comes to the "city of Toronto" I also HOPE to SEE YOU THERE!

-Then sometimes thing aren't bold or all caps...they're just blue.

-This is just a stupid misplaced bracket:
Cost : $ 300 per person (rebate from the City of Toronto =
$ 225) - Net Cost = $75

$300 minus the net cost is $75?

-The wording all over is just poor. Forward to all your friends, "as appropriate"?? What does that even mean? Who cares that it's in Diane's backyard specifically?

-How am I supposed to get a cheque to them in two days!

It's not that I really expect more (and note they haven't really replaced that earlier large event they were supposed to do in Vaughan) but it's amazing how amateur it is. The fact that after everything that's happened Ford is polling 20% while running about as inept a campaign as you possibly could is stunning. These guys are coasting on fumes.

That is one overly busy, complicated invite for sure. Typesetting, all caps, bolding, brackets, copy, it's all bad.

My favourite part however, is that there will be distinguished guests there. Hmmm, let's see, a washed out rapper, Mammoliti ?, Singin' Jimmy, who else? C'mon help me out here.

That is one overly busy, complicated invite for sure. Typesetting, all caps, bolding, brackets, copy, it's all bad.

My favourite part however, is that there will be distinguished guests there. Hmmm, let's see, a washed out rapper, Mammoliti ?, Singin' Jimmy, who else? C'mon help me out here.

I think they meant to say disingenuous guests.

Singing Jimmy will be busy running the RFR night patrol in Douglas Ford Sr. Park.

Corporate donations are illegal, so you can only use personal cheques.

If you're the owner of the Boardwalk Pub, that means $2,500 personal cheques to Sandra Bussin from you, your wife, your kids, your waitresses, your dishwashers and your bartenders.

I actually forgot TO made corporate donations illegal but I'm still with you there :)

And another thing about this evening-with-RoFo thingamajig: it's happening the same night as the next Mayoral debate (the heritage one). Is he skooting away from *that* one? (Not that RoFo would have anything coherent to say about heritage, of course. And not that the likely attendees give a sh- about heritage, either.)

"Look folks, no one has done more for the old timey buildings and dead taxpayers of Toronto than Rob Ford. My heart bleeds for unique and rare examples of early Edwardian architecture but if the buildings are sitting where someone wants to build a Tim Horton's drive-thru it's their own fault at the end of the day."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back