846     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tells one little or nothing. We live <300 metres from a major ravine. We have it all - racoons, skunks, possums, hares, foxes and once in a while a coyote. Every year there is a least one racoon family that marches through our back yard on a clockwork daily schedule. For all of that, our green box is tipped over maybe 3 or 4 times a year and actually comes unlatched from that maybe once in a year. We have lived here since well before the first green boxes came along and this has always been our experience - and I have not seen or heard anything to suggest that our neighbours' experience is any worse.

I stand by my assessment: he is making up BS 'tales of racoon stand-offs' because he thinks that will make him look like a 'regular guy'. They are no more believable than his claim that he is "the best Dad there is" and his favourite leisure activity is doing laundry (altho' I can conceive that he may sneak in and out of the Grand Hotel through its laundry room). :)

Okay, so is your point that these stand-offs don't happen in general or that RoFo is exaggerating, because they sure happened to me (and often!) when I lived in N. Toronto. :( But it's okay, it's in the past and I've moved on.:p

Growing up (outside T.O.), I also lived on a ravine (well, more of an erosion with trees on the edge of a forest thing) and had all manner of critters marching about. But we kept our unsorted garbage in those classic aluminum cans inside a storage box inside the garage so it was pretty well protected, unless someone forgot to close the garage door, or as it happened on at least a couple of times, a raccoon managed to wander into the garage undetected before the door was closed and we'd wake up to a garage resembling the interior of a frat house.

Hey, I just want to know why he keeps his bins in front of the garage instead of inside. Might help with his "stand-off" issue, assuming he has one. Plus he could try rinsing out his peanut butter jars etc. before pitching them. No idea if he does or not, but it just seems like a RoFo thing not to do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Art/Deco
Did the Fords actually mail this to us? (No, probably not.)

Front_large.jpg

http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/story.cfm?content=199284

Attachments

• Front_large.jpg
    Front_large.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 669
Oh give me a break, I shoo them away no problem. They're not as scared, but they're not going to attack you unless seriously provoked. Oh dear what do thousands of single women do with their garbage? It's a crisis!!!

My daughter's otherwise gormless dog is fast as a flash; 40 pounds of muscled mutt. I dog sat for two weeks. A few times I forgot to turn on the outside light before letting him out in the backyard....well! after a few, no doubt harrowing scrambles up our trees (thank the fates for the trees) our resident troop bugged out for greener pastures. My panicked yelling at Luca as he tore, full bore, probably helped cement the wee bandits resolve!! Feel badly for their terror :( but they're gone.

My daughter's otherwise gormless dog is fast as a flash; 40 pounds of muscled mutt. I dog sat for two weeks. A few times I forgot to turn on the outside light before letting him out in the backyard....well! after a few, no doubt harrowing scrambles up our trees (thank the fates for the trees) our resident troop bugged out for greener pastures. My panicked yelling at Luca as he tore, full bore, probably helped cement the wee bandits resolve!! Feel badly for their terror :( but they're gone.

By 90 pound Boxer sorted us out as well. The worst racoons do now is walk along our fence to go through.

Be careful with your pets. Raccoons can be feisty, especially if cornered.

On the other hand, feel free to let Rob out to chase them :)

Hey, I just want to know why he keeps his bins in front of the garage instead of inside. Might help with his "stand-off" issue, assuming he has one. Plus he could try rinsing out his peanut butter jars etc. before pitching them. No idea if he does or not, but it just seems like a RoFo thing not to do. :rolleyes:

They are not always there. I think he puts them there on collection night. Maybe a lot of the press photos you've seen happened to be taken the night before garbage collection.

Ford campaign holding $300 invite fundraiser

from http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/19/ford-campaign-holding-300-invite-fundraiser

Don Peat, not Wormtongue.

TORONTO - If you’ve got $300 and you support Mayor Rob Ford, you could have an “intimate evening†with him.

The Ford re-election campaign is organizing a fundraiser for Thursday night at the home of the mayor’s mother.

An e-mail invite for the event, billed as “an intimate and elegant evening,†went out late Monday night.

The invite, signed by campaign manager Doug Ford, called the exclusive event the “premier event of the election season.â€

Although a ticket costs $300 per person, the invite points out it is eligible for a $225 rebate from the City of Toronto under the city’s election rules, so the net cost to attendees will be $75.

In an interview Tuesday, Doug Ford stressed they are planning on keeping the night “intimate†with only around 200 guests.

“It is not going to be one of these 3,000, 4,000 people situations. Mom won’t let us,†he said. “We’re going to o quite a few of these.â€

from http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/19/ford-campaign-holding-300-invite-fundraiser

Don Peat, not Wormtongue.

TORONTO - If you’ve got $300 and you support Mayor Rob Ford, you could have an “intimate evening” with him.

The Ford re-election campaign is organizing a fundraiser for Thursday night at the home of the mayor’s mother.

An e-mail invite for the event, billed as “an intimate and elegant evening,” went out late Monday night.

The invite, signed by campaign manager Doug Ford, called the exclusive event the “premier event of the election season.”

Although a ticket costs $300 per person, the invite points out it is eligible for a $225 rebate from the City of Toronto under the city’s election rules, so the net cost to attendees will be $75.

In an interview Tuesday, Doug Ford stressed they are planning on keeping the night “intimate” with only around 200 guests.

“It is not going to be one of these 3,000, 4,000 people situations. Mom won’t let us,” he said. “We’re going to do quite a few of these.”

Boy, are they getting desperate for funds. You couldn't pay me to go, but I'm sure a few of Ford's hard core supporters will ante up.

r_c.jpg

Some have called Rob Ford a visionary. My vision may be too blurred to see it, as his talk to me sounds spaced-out and from another planet. Using my other senses, I have pieced together the fragments and now I think I know what he’s trying to say:

e-cig smoking raccoons will be the biggest (and most political) environmental disaster in Toronto history. (You read it here first.)

Attachments

• r_c.jpg
    r_c.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back