840     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 751     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, are they getting desperate for funds. You couldn't pay me to go, but I'm sure a few of Ford's hard core supporters will ante up.
Instead of retiring to the parlor with cigars and cognac, guests will be invited to retire to Kathy's basement for hits from Rob's famous copper crack pipe. Gift bags will include your very own zellers toothbrush and your choice of any of Randy's hats. *hats may all be the same.

Boy, are they getting desperate for funds. You couldn't pay me to go, but I'm sure a few of Ford's hard core supporters will ante up.

What's on the menu? Bet there's lots of non-alcoholic brew, cheeze-doodles, chips and a little mystery meat from Rob's backyard.

Since we're on the topic of raccoons (thanks, Rob), be careful of raccoon poop. It might kill you!

I live in the country now and the racoons are not nearly as smart as the city guys, but man they are stubborn. We had one raiding the trash can and I went out there with a 2x4 to scare it away. It shot up onto the porch soffit, so I gave it a whack with the 2x4 and the bastard pissed all over me. Last time I try that.

Rob Ford's sudden love of supporting TTC initiatives feels very desperate to me. He comes across as looking like he supports something, when today was not a decision making meeting. It's for the next council to decide next year. Anything he can do to get votes he'll do right now. Including seeming to support things that he won't ultimately support later when it matters.

For a family with deep pockets, it is surprising that they could ever run out of campaign funds. In the US, wealthy candidates can spend as much of their own cash as they want for campaign purposes. Rick Scott spent $75 million to become governor of Florida.

Last edited:
Rob Ford's sudden love of supporting TTC initiatives feels very desperate to me. He comes across as looking like he supports something, when today was not a decision making meeting. It's for the next council to decide next year. Anything he can do to get votes he'll do right now. Including seeming to support things that he won't ultimately support later when it matters.

Sounds like lying to me.
"If it walks like a duck ..."

For a family with deep pockets, it is surprising that they could ever run out of campaign funds. In the US, wealthy candidates can spend as much of their own cash as they want for campaign purposes. Rick Scott spent $75 million to become governor of Florida.

The Fords are frugal fornicators.

What's on the menu? Bet there's lots of non-alcoholic brew, cheeze-doodles, chips and a little mystery meat from Rob's backyard.

coonfront.jpg

Rob better not smoke that 'coon sh!t. Who knows what'll happen? But mystery meat eatin'? Eatin' ain't cheatin'

(Ironically, Australia doesn't have coons, it has possums. Noisy roof-dwellers too.)

Attachments

• coonfront.jpg
    coonfront.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 795

I think their family wealth is in a different, much lower universe.

OTOH, with the free publicity the media is giving them every time they have a scrum/presser/whatever, they might not need to spend much on advertising either. They're getting their name out there. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
That's all it was, just pandering for votes. It was annoying to watch Cynthia Mulligan on CityTV spewing all excitedly that Ford, while still all about subways, was letting up in his anti-streetcar rhetoric. No he wasn't. Once the election is over, if he wins, he'll go back to his shit talk about streetcars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back