5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two women present at Crabby Joe's. What if McRobb drove up with Rob himself, and the second person drove the kids over from the cottage? She could have been CAS, but just as easily a relative of Renata's who is unknown to the media.

This particular subject is driving me batty, because, shortly after the bday at Crabby's there was another media story involving one or both of the bros, and Rob specifically said that he was out with his wife and kids on his birthday. And now I can't find that statement anywhere for the life of me... well I also don't have all day to sift through articles. I know he said that, I'm absolutely positive he said "wife & kids", because it shocked me, and I didn't believe it. I was following the conversations on UT, re who was at Crabby's, all along, so when Rob claimed his wife was there, well ya know, it stood out. Also because the woman (but there were two?) wasn't "recognized as his wife".

Please if someone has time to find that statement. I'm not going crazy, really I'm not. I read it. It was shortly after the birthday. The Deco story, the Wynne victory, something Dorg said that got media attention. The only thing I can think of is that the story was edited afterward.

This particular subject is driving me batty, because, shortly after the bday at Crabby's there was another media story involving one or both of the bros, and Rob specifically said that he was out with his wife and kids on his birthday. And now I can't find that statement anywhere for the life of me... well I also don't have all day to sift through articles. I know he said that, I'm absolutely positive he said "wife & kids", because it shocked me, and I didn't believe it. I was following the conversations on UT, re who was at Crabby's, all along, so when Rob claimed his wife was there, well ya know, it stood out. Also because the woman (but there were two?) wasn't "recognized as his wife".

Please if someone has time to find that statement. I'm not going crazy, really I'm not. I read it. It was shortly after the birthday. The Deco story, the Wynne victory, something Dorg said that got media attention. The only thing I can think of is that the story was edited afterward.

If it was a sun article, it probably was. They don't feel the need to put updates under *correction* like other papers do. They just add and take away as they see fit. Shows real integrity (rolling my eyes).

He should have been gone 2 years ago, if it weren't for that meddling judge...

Thinking of this, here's another e-day hypothesis: that even if RoFo's soundly defeated w/20% or less of the vote, the Fords might have the gumption to file an appeal or call for a new election entirely, on grounds that this one was "fixed"...

Rob could have picked her up and got her home afterwards. Like, you know, a real date!:)

I'm having a similar thing to Oriana with another detail from that night, I'm sure I read that they (Rob & the women (with the kids)) arrived separately. And can't find it again to save my life.

Found it!!

It was something Dorg said, and we all know Dorg never lies:

He shrugged off the mayor’s repeated trips out of rehab over the last few weeks including a trip to Crabby Joe’s in Bracebridge on Wednesday.

“It’s a restaurant/bar, whatever,” Ford said. “Rob isn’t in prison, OK? He’s in a treatment centre.

“He went out with his wife, his kids.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/30/doug-ford-mum-on-whereabouts-of-mayors-escalade

ummm... he did have birthday dinner with mcrobb and his kids, no wife...

That, right there, is why I continue to think that Father's Day dinner out was not with her. (How does McRobb get to Bracebridge on her own for dinner a 45 mins. + drive from her place with a suspended license and no car & no public transit.)

edit to add: That could be a REALLY expensive cab ride x2, but...

I'm having a similar thing to Oriana with another detail from that night, I'm sure I read that they (Rob & the women (with the kids)) arrived separately. And can't find it again to save my life.

It was his birthday, not Father's Day, and we really don't know that he was with McRobb, or that his wife wasn't one of the 2 women. Goldsbie tweeted that some other women at the bar ID'd McRobb from a photo. But ask a defence attorney what he thinks of witness identification; people aren't always correct and are extremely open to suggestion.

I don't mind if we speculate that McRobb was there or that Renata wasn't -- just don't state it as a fact.

So this was posted on instagram in the last 45 minutes:
http://instagram.com/p/ppprm2qemp/

This dude also has a pic with Doug from "a month ago"
http://instagram.com/p/oKbyHHqeqA/

check out his feed, he seems to be a security guy. I think this is his company:
http://www.menarygroup.com/

Guy has posted old photos on instagram, too (him working with James Brown in the 80s, etc) so there's no way to tell if the photo is actually recent.

If it is recent the #416 hashtag is interesting and ripe for speculation.

It was his birthday, not Father's Day, and we really don't know that he was with McRobb, or that his wife wasn't one of the 2 women. Goldsbie tweeted that some other women at the bar ID'd McRobb from a photo. But ask a defence attorney what he thinks of witness identification; people aren't always correct and are extremely open to suggestion.

I don't mind if we speculate that McRobb was there or that Renata wasn't -- just don't state it as a fact.

Indeed, my bad, his B-day not Fathers Day a coupla weeks later...

The woman at the bar that ID'd McRobb... I wonder if 'they' showed her a pic of Renata as well...

As a former supporter of Rob Ford, I am really not looking forward to his return.

After everything he's said and done, I can't believe he still feels as though he's worthy of being re-elected as Mayor of the City of Toronto.

Sickening, really.

I think you lean right, am I correct? I have been shocked that more conservatives are not demanding the Conservative party to disown him more. Not out of morality strategy reasons, but strategy. He now is albatross around the neck of the party. Whatever Ford's base is, it's bringing nobody new anymore to the blue team.

Seriously, can Wynne and the Liberals ask for a better distraction than him. at the same time they were able to regroup. While the PC are yelling for everyone to pay attention to Liberal scandals, everybody (including Ontarioions) were much more interested at the 300 pound clown show that was going on in the nations largest city. I am not even including the ability to pair Hudak with Ford anti-LRT tirade which played horrible in places like Ottawa. Do I think Hudak would have lost on his own? Sure. But the conservative label being attached to the most famous crack head doesn't do them any favors.

Right-wing supporters or talkers who say things like "I rather support somebody who does crack than somebody who raises taxes" might work great in their little right-wing Ford love bubble. But plays horrible to average person who probably listens to FM easy listening radio more and tune in just because it's election time to get informed hearing a right-wing commentator saying "Hey it's okay if our leaders have criminal ties... by the way we also support Conservatives" That really doesn't play well. I think there will be a lot of questions when Ford loses big from the blue side wonder "Why the hell did the leaders support this guy way past his expire date"

It's interesting that one of the smarties Conservative MP's Jason Kenny (I don't support him but I am willing to say he is smart, unlike most of the lackeys in the party cough MacKey caugh) knew that Fords a lost cause and wanted to distance himself and the party away from Ford before it sticks to the party any furtehr. And all he got old man Flaherty telling him to "F off and leave Robbie alone" for his trouble. But hey keep trying to preach morality and stability, all at the same time having your most famous member be the most immoral and unstable celebrity in the nation.

What does the hashtag mean?

It, as well as the posting map on gramfeed which only shows posts in the GTA, could imply it was taken in Toronto. That is if people wanted to speculate about something that has no context :D (and are as bored as I am).

eta: someone on twitter has even better speculation: that the guy in that photo has been hired by the Ford's to keep Rob in line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back