855     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 766     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
These next few months are shaping up to be a race between all of Doug's resources and Rob's irrepressible ability to fuck things up.

You know, I can see this happening, Doug expending all of his $ and time to keep Rob in power BUT for the months before rehab he seemed entirely uninterested; constantly disappeared, put no effort into damage control. The only thing that could possibly have changed is that Doug now finally realizes that Rob's words and actions have real life consequences, but, I mean, it's Doug, so it doesn't seem that likely.

You know, I can see this happening, Doug expending all of his $ and time to keep Rob in power BUT for the months before rehab he seemed entirely uninterested; constantly disappeared, put no effort into damage control. The only thing that could possibly have changed is that Doug now finally realizes that Rob's words and actions have real life consequences, but, I mean, it's Doug, so it doesn't seem that likely.

I dunno, I remember a couple of times where selfies of Rob at the LCBO would start to pop up... and suddenly Doug would arrive and a selfie of them at a local restaurant would appear on Instagram. I think Doug was trying to keep Rob under control but just doing a terrible job at it because he didn't take into account the seriousness of the problem.

This particular subject is driving me batty, because, shortly after the bday at Crabby's there was another media story involving one or both of the bros, and Rob specifically said that he was out with his wife and kids on his birthday. And now I can't find that statement anywhere for the life of me... well I also don't have all day to sift through articles. I know he said that, I'm absolutely positive he said "wife & kids", because it shocked me, and I didn't believe it. I was following the conversations on UT, re who was at Crabby's, all along, so when Rob claimed his wife was there, well ya know, it stood out. Also because the woman (but there were two?) wasn't "recognized as his wife".

Please if someone has time to find that statement. I'm not going crazy, really I'm not. I read it. It was shortly after the birthday. The Deco story, the Wynne victory, something Dorg said that got media attention. The only thing I can think of is that the story was edited afterward.

http://www.chicagonewsday.com/natio...e-jumps-back-into-campaign-for-city-hall.html

Indeed, my bad, his B-day not Fathers Day a coupla weeks later...

The woman at the bar that ID'd McRobb... I wonder if 'they' showed her a pic of Renata as well...

The two Sun stories quote either Doug or Rob saying RoFo was there with his "wife and kids". Renata's name doesn't get mentioned. Her photo hasn't surfaced and no one claims a sighting. She's been keeping a low profile, yes. Certainly not a US-style political wife standing by her mayun; she's not part of the happily married man optics. Although Crabby Joe's *is* an eating place.

Likelihood of McRobb & Renata there together? Uhhhhh maybe, but ....

Question: if CAS has taken custody of children away from both parents, would one parent be able to act as guardian over the other parent? In other words, in that scenario, would Renata be in the position to bring the kids to Rob and take them away?

I think you lean right, am I correct? I have been shocked that more conservatives are not demanding the Conservative party to disown him more. Not out of morality strategy reasons, but strategy. He now is albatross around the neck of the party. Whatever Ford's base is, it's bringing nobody new anymore to the blue team.

Seriously, can Wynne and the Liberals ask for a better distraction than him. at the same time they were able to regroup. While the PC are yelling for everyone to pay attention to Liberal scandals, everybody (including Ontarioions) were much more interested at the 300 pound clown show that was going on in the nations largest city. I am not even including the ability to pair Hudak with Ford anti-LRT tirade which played horrible in places like Ottawa. Do I think Hudak would have lost on his own? Sure. But the conservative label being attached to the most famous crack head doesn't do them any favors.

Right-wing supporters or talkers who say things like "I rather support somebody who does crack than somebody who raises taxes" might work great in their little right-wing Ford love bubble. But plays horrible to average person who probably listens to FM easy listening radio more and tune in just because it's election time to get informed hearing a right-wing commentator saying "Hey it's okay if our leaders have criminal ties... by the way we also support Conservatives" That really doesn't play well. I think there will be a lot of questions when Ford loses big from the blue side wonder "Why the hell did the leaders support this guy way past his expire date"

It's interesting that one of the smarties Conservative MP's Jason Kenny (I don't support him but I am willing to say he is smart, unlike most of the lackeys in the party cough MacKey caugh) knew that Fords a lost cause and wanted to distance himself and the party away from Ford before it sticks to the party any furtehr. And all he got old man Flaherty telling him to "F off and leave Robbie alone" for his trouble. But hey keep trying to preach morality and stability, all at the same time having your most famous member be the most immoral and unstable celebrity in the nation.

No ... I'm pretty progressive.

I always used to pride myself on saying that I was likely the most left-leaning member of Ford Nation.

Those days are gone, however.

I just firmly believe in efficient, leaner, more accountable government.

I'm pretty poor ... it bothers me when I hear politicians tell us it's time to tighten our belts (they never mean themselves, or their crooked buddies), and to live within our means.

I've been doing that for years. Why can't our elected officials do the same?

I truly thought Rob Ford would deliver.

I agree with Karen Stintz ... despite a few key missteps (transit, the proposed cuts that led to Council reversing most of them), I thought the first 18 months of Rob Ford's administration went pretty well.

The stories of drugs and alcohol ... although pretty sordid and unbecoming of a Mayor ... never really bothered me. I have no issues with those who do drugs.

It's the homophobic, racist, misogynistic, and sexist comments that I found so disgusting and deplorable.

Yes, there were patterns of that behaviour before he became Mayor. I'm just one to give chances ... lots of chances. Because, I know people have taken lots of chances on me ... and it feels good when the right people believe in you.

I felt with the options available (in truth, despite being a progressive, I was hoping Michael Thompson would run, but he never did), Rob Ford was the best one suited to deal with the City of Toronto's fiscal worries.

Found it!!

It was something Dorg said, and we all know Dorg never lies:

He shrugged off the mayor’s repeated trips out of rehab over the last few weeks including a trip to Crabby Joe’s in Bracebridge on Wednesday.

“It’s a restaurant/bar, whatever,†Ford said. “Rob isn’t in prison, OK? He’s in a treatment centre.

“He went out with his wife, his kids.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/30/doug-ford-mum-on-whereabouts-of-mayors-escalade

maybe doug is actually telling the truth, as he knows it, this time? maybe that's what rob told him, and rob is lying? or maybe it's one time that they are telling the truth... maybe rob was out with renata and leeanne? although that last scenario obviously comes with other questions.

I dunno, I remember a couple of times where selfies of Rob at the LCBO would start to pop up... and suddenly Doug would arrive and a selfie of them at a local restaurant would appear on Instagram. I think Doug was trying to keep Rob under control but just doing a terrible job at it because he didn't take into account the seriousness of the problem.

like that timmies incident too. i still believe rob was there... the staff there even said so... i'm just not sure how doug got a spokesperson to lie for them, yet.

like that timmies incident too. i still believe rob was there... the staff there even said so... i'm just not sure how doug got a spokesperson to lie for them, yet.

WHY would Tim Hortons lie for Rob and Doug Ford?

If they said the security footage showed Doug Ford, that's good enough for me.

I mean, really ... it doesn't make any sense why they would put their neck out for two people who have NOTHING to do with the company.

I mean, really ... it doesn't make any sense why they would put their neck out for two people who have NOTHING to do with the company.

i believe cayla and the staff, over doug and the spokesperson.

remember doug said he'd be handing out timmie gift cards instead of $20 bills? maybe buying a huge stack is how he paid for that spokes-message? i dunno. it really just comes down to what i first said... i believe cayla and the staff over doug and the spokesperson.

Last edited:
i believe the cayla and the staff, over doug and the spokesperson.

remember doug said he's be handing out timmie gift cards instead of $20 bills? maybe buying a huge stack is how he paid for that spokes-message? i dunno. it really just comes down to what i first said... i believe cayla and the staff over doug and the spokesperson.

I do too. Everybody in this city knows what Rob Ford looks like. And her 'changing into a track suit' story sounded just like the sort of weird thing he'd do. I mean, what's harder to believer, that this girl and the other employees of Tim Horton's mistook Rob Ford for someone else, or that Doug Ford got someone to fudge the truth for him? I mean...it's Doug freaking Ford.

That is an assumption, do you have proof that the company, or specifically, the manager, has no business with the Fords. I doubt Timmy's would cover for the Fords normally, however, individuals are a different matter.

Question: if CAS has taken custody of children away from both parents, would one parent be able to act as guardian over the other parent? In other words, in that scenario, would Renata be in the position to bring the kids to Rob and take them away?

No. A guardian would be chosen by CAS in the interim, usually it would be family if they are deemed safe. In any case, the kids would not be living with either parent if custody is taken from both parents.

If this "rehab" thing is a "requested" event do to illegal or suspected illegal activity (my bet would be assault), then visitation would make sense. I could also speculate that is why Renata is staying away from Robbie; things can be kept off the books if Robbie plays ball.

Last edited:
Latest Forum poll from this morning's Star:

Chow - 34%
Ford - 27%
Tory - 24%

As usual he dominates with the youngest, most uneducated voters. Good news is that 58% said Ford should resign, and the overall results confirm that without new support, it will be difficult for him to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back