5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 714     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a former supporter of Rob Ford, I am really not looking forward to his return.

After everything he's said and done, I can't believe he still feels as though he's worthy of being re-elected as Mayor of the City of Toronto.

Sickening, really.

the lack of Rofo sightings makes me think that the previous outings weren't rehab sanctioned "day passes" and that the fofam is pissed at him. Why else would it be so long since we've had a sighting? If those outings were all above board and "normal" why at the end of his treatment would he suddenly be out of the limelight?

Maybe they've all left the cottage, so RoFo can hang-out in piss, er, peace again. ;)

As a former supporter of Rob Ford, I am really not looking forward to his return.

After everything he's said and done, I can't believe he still feels as though he's worthy of being re-elected as Mayor of the City of Toronto.

Sickening, really.

Forget re-elected, he should have resigned, more than a year ago, and certainly after the last round of videos/tapes. He seems to think that Toronto can't survive without him. I can't wait for October to vote this doofus out of office.

It just hit me how odd it was that RoFo is returning from rehab and going right to the office.

Wouldn't he want to at least see his kids right away?

School finishes this week, he's at the cottage and they can meet him there.

Forget re-elected, he should have resigned, more than a year ago, and certainly after the last round of videos/tapes. He seems to think that Toronto can't survive without him. I can't wait for October to vote this doofus out of office.

He should have been gone 2 years ago, if it weren't for that meddling judge...

Sickening, really.

As a politician, RoFo has jumped the shark. It's evident his election strategy is to be a celebrity, as like he is the most like famous Toronto mayor everrr. The "issues", whether garbage collection or rehab, have dropped from both his and Doug's agenda. The news media, who has not yet caught up, still pretends they have an agenda. Their campaign strategy and execution so far indicates they don't.

What I think you're referring to is that uneasy queasy feeling some of us have where for shockingly large numbers of voters, celebrity itself is worth a tick on the ballot. Name recognition itself is too much of a driver toward voting. Others think it's "edgy" to vote for a crack-smoking loudmouth who likes football, or it delivers an "up yours" message to the politicians "because they all lie".

It doesn't stretch the imagination much to see how that might turn into real votes. Not because it's a public commitment to rump-right or small-town backwater politics, but because of a sheer lack of commitment to any civics at all in what is now a major world city.

It just hit me how odd it was that RoFo is returning from rehab and going right to the office.

Wouldn't he want to at least see his kids right away?

Who says that his wife, and by extension his kids, want to see him?

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 673
Any idea why Metro Man stopped posting here?
He's commented that it's all pretty much over, now that Rob Ford has been exposed for what he is. So presumably he has other interests. The party is over, time to go home ... last one here, turn out the lights.

Who says that his wife, and by extension his kids, want to see him?

Do you reckon Renata's changed the locks at Edenbridge Manor?

Someone else could be ferrying the kids to the cottage these days. At least we can be reasonably sure it's not McRobb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back