138     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 301     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 732     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, the fact that kids who identify outside gender norms are bullied more for it impinges their freedom.

oh, and Chck-fil-a - not being ruined...they've got more than enough clients who share there views (or don't care because they like the food) to keep them afloat. Sad.

But this is about Toronto. Toronto's motto is "Diversity: our strength". Mayor should get with the program. In terms of Sochi and support, well, it might not be technically illegal to be gay, but it's illegal to promote it, and so, well, there it is. It's even more offensive because it's illegal to promote it to kids (implying the old stereotype of "gay equals pedo"). Sorry for the feeding but I had to say something.

um, the fact that kids who identify outside gender norms are bullied more for it impinges their freedom.

That's not exclusive to kids who are not heterosexual. Bullying isn't exclusive to them either. If their freedoms are being infringed upon, it's not exclusive to them either.

Julianna Schirripa ‏@julienahhh 44m
Moms about to smoke some crack with Rob ford #babes pic.twitter.com/xalF92iCF5
Bf_lHNUIgAEM7hp.jpg

event:

30th Annual Hong Kong-Canada Business Association (HKCBA) Chinese New Year Ball
Saturday, February 8, 2014

Venue: Hilton Suites Markham
8500 Warden Avenue, Markham (map)
I think this pic is from tonight. Pic from last year's event shows the same ceiling, so I think this is the Hilton on Warden. Ford was dressed different in last year's event, though, so this pic is not from last year.

:D

Oh and on topic I wondered on Twitter if OnStar took a sample of a car's location and saved a record. they wrote back with: No. "Only in the event of crash, stolen vehicle location request or when subscriber presses the button from inside the vehicle. ^SJ"

I was later told (and not by someone who works with OnStar) that the system does ping the cell towers nearby. So I'm not sure if there is a record or not of where cars are.

This is near 100% in line with another independent study of Canadian high school students I read a few months ago and this Forum Research poll.

We still have a long way to go with LGBT issues in this country. 14% of high school students are willing to self report as LGBT (impossible to know the true number of LGBT), yet if you asked them if they were willing to come out as LGBT the huge majority of them would say no out of fear of being bullied or harassed by their peers. This isn't equality.

Oh please. Maybe 15+ years ago gay students would fear coming out. It's practically a fashion statement to say you have gay friends now; or that you're gay. I have no doubt that bullying of gay students still exists; as it does for anyone. I'm not condoning it. What does being bullied for being gay have to do with equality? Like I said, kids are bullied for being fat, having red hair, freckles, et al. Would you say that those other bullied groups are stifled by inequality? What difference does it make why someone is bullied? It has the same emotional affect, whether its because of one's sexuality or their belly size. Gay kids that are bullied are not exceptional and they deserve the same care as victims who aren't gay.

That's not exclusive to kids who are not heterosexual. Bullying isn't exclusive to them either. If their freedoms are being infringed upon, it's not exclusive to them either.

Of course kids get bullied for anything and everything; what's telling is that kids are afraid to disclose gender/sexuality issues because of fear of bullying.

Bf_lHNUIgAEM7hp.jpg

event:

I think this pic is from tonight. Pic from last year's event shows the same ceiling, so I think this is the Hilton on Warden. Ford was dressed different in last year's event, though, so this pic is not from last year.

He's hammered again, nice.

Bf_lHNUIgAEM7hp.jpg

event:

Yeah, this is the weight loss version of Ford. It's amazing he shows his face in public with all that's been reported in The Star today. And his face is as red as ever.

Back to Rob Ford.

1. Reading the Sun article, it appears the police are not investigating any death threat nor are they offering security to Ford and his family. Anyone remember the story of the boy who called wolf?

2. Lots of talk about who was in the picture with Ford at the Foggy Dew but none of the two people I would have expected to see there: his loyal friend Dave Price, who was with him earlier and also charged with jaywalking and his driver, who someone upthread said traveled with him to BC.

Of course kids get bullied for anything and everything; what's telling is that kids are afraid to disclose gender/sexuality issues because of fear of bullying.

While that may be true, I'd also point out that hiding aspect of yourself isn't exclusive either. When I was in school quite a number of years ago, friends and myself all hid things from others to avoid bullying. Ideally kids would be free to come out, or express themselves in any aspect without fear. But that doesn't seem to me, to be an issue singular to one group of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back