280     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 428     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 809     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are way off topic, so I just want to point out One Nut, that Gay Marriage affects Traditional Marriage in exactly no way what-so-ever. And that is not even a little what the Chick-fil-A guys are about. They actively support anti-gay organizations. This is your tolerate the intolerant argument again.

Which anti-gay organizations? Anti-gay is such a general term that could mean not supporting gay marriage to condoning violence against gays. In what way are these organizations "anti-gay?"

Why are you calling me names? You're a bully. You showed me a survey that had nothing to do with my question. What relevance are those statistics to the question I asked? Why do you resort to such petty behaviour when you have can't answer a question in a mature way? Yes, rely on the mods. Is that what you do with people you can't out argue -- you call on others to silence them for you? You must love democracy. You would just love a world where every opinion is in harmony with yours and dissent is thwarted. You act like a helpless little boy when you're challenged.

"You guys won't engage with my feeble attempts at provocation! Bullies! Waaaaaaaaaah!"

Last edited:
Of course kids get bullied for anything and everything; what's telling is that kids are afraid to disclose gender/sexuality issues because of fear of bullying.

How old were the kids in this survey? Kids don't even understand what love is. Were they high school students, elementary, middle school? Kids are probably fearful of disclosing lots of aspects about their characters because of fear of bullying; this isn't exclusive to sexuality/gender.

Chick-fil-A has donated over $5 million, via WinShape, to groups that oppose same-sex marriage. Of this, more than $3 million was donated primarily to Christian organizations whose agendas included positions that some consider to be anti-gay,[36] with the money donated between 2003 and 2009.[37] A total of $1.9 million was donated in 2010 to groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, Exodus International and the Family Research Council (FRC).[38] That year, the FRC, which received $1,000[37] was listed as an anti-gay[39] hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[40][41][42] WinShape has also contributed to Christian groups including Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Exodus International, the latter noted for supporting ex-gay conversion therapy.[38] In response, students at several colleges and universities worked to ban or remove the company's restaurants from their campuses.[43]

Yeah, I know, still feeding....

Had to add, anyone a reality tv junkie? If you are, the oldest Duggar boy (from messed up and huge relgiious family) is a key guy at FRC). Just wanted to give y'all an extra reason to be critical :)

Last edited:
"You guys won't engage with my feeble attempts at provocation! Bullies! Waaaaaaaaaah!"

I'm not trying to provoke anybody. I am trying to have a civil discussion, and certain people are painting me as a bad guy for even daring to talk about such things.

deepend is a bully. If you had any sense of objectivity, you would see this. You don't need to support him just because he's gay. Support people for their arguments, not for their sexual preference, political opinions, etc.

How old were the kids in this survey? Kids don't even understand what love is. Were they high school students, elementary, middle school? Kids are probably fearful of disclosing lots of aspects about their characters because of fear of bullying; this isn't exclusive to sexuality/gender.

They're high school students.

:D

Oh and on topic I wondered on Twitter if OnStar took a sample of a car's location and saved a record. they wrote back with: No. "Only in the event of crash, stolen vehicle location request or when subscriber presses the button from inside the vehicle. ^SJ"

I was later told (and not by someone who works with OnStar) that the system does ping the cell towers nearby. So I'm not sure if there is a record or not of where cars are.

i got the "Ajusto" tracking device in my car, to save money on insurance. I didn't even realize it has a GPS. I thought it's just tracking my mileage, the times of day that I drive, sudden accelerations and hard braking. But when I logged in to look at the stats, they show exactly where I had incidents of "hard-braking" and acceleration on a map. Shows my route to work! That thing is totally tracking me!

When OnStar says they are not tracking you except in the case of yadda, yadda,.... I just smile and nod my head. ;)

Dundat Square, Are you OneNutKrut posting under a different name? You have been accused of this and haven't addressed it. If so, you are here under false pretences, after having been banned. If not, wow, you certainly share the same backward attitudes. Your hostility towards the homosexual community is not something you're going to find kinship with here. This is how it's clear that you are a troll. If you had a disagreement, you might state your case and see if a genuine conversation could be had. You have not done that. You have just began repeating the same bullshit we've heard over and over again. And you're mostly off topic.

Yeah, I know, still feeding....

Actually it's the other way around. You guys are feeding me. I replied to something that was pertinent to Rob Ford (the rainblow flag issue). My statements were fair and on point. From there, a larger discussion on sexuality ensued. If you don't want this conversation to continue, then don't respond. I'd actually prefer for it to die and for the discourse to go back to Ford's problems. It's exhausting to keep this going.

Dundat Square, Are you OneNutKrut posting under a different name? You have been accused of this and haven't addressed it. If so, you are here under false pretences, after having been banned. If not, wow, you certainly share the same backward attitudes. Your hostility towards the homosexual community is not something you're going to find kinship with here. This is how it's clear that you are a troll. If you had a disagreement, you might state your case and see if a genuine conversation could be had. You have not done that. You have just began repeating the same bullshit we've heard over and over again. And you're mostly off topic.

In what way am I hostile towards the gay community? Give me some examples. Did you not read that I do not condone violence, abuse against homosexuals? How will you spin this now?

Back to Rob Ford.

1. Reading the Sun article, it appears the police are not investigating any death threat nor are they offering security to Ford and his family. Anyone remember the story of the boy who called wolf?

2. Lots of talk about who was in the picture with Ford at the Foggy Dew but none of the two people I would have expected to see there: his loyal friend Dave Price, who was with him earlier and also charged with jaywalking and his driver, who someone upthread said traveled with him to BC.

re: #1... a few weird details...

"It was a lady. She was warning Ford that someone else was targeting him or a member of his family and would try to kill them on Feb. 13," said the source. "She said at the end of the message: 'I'm sorry they are trying to do this to you.'"

Meanwhile, police could answer few questions about the threat when contacted on Saturday.

"I have no police reports ... I have no information on it at all," said Staff-Sgt. Winston Bennett of 52 Division when asked if the investigation was ongoing.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/02/08/21456601.html

re: #2... i wish someone in the media could let us know something about the funeral they were supposedly there for. what was price's mom's name? where was the funeral held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back