168     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 471     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, you must be reading the Frod nation play book !

Ford nation won't budge even if he is arrested. Their predictably idiotic responses will consist of:

1: It was witchhunt and this is proof.
2: Blair is playing politics
3: It's a lefty conspiracy
4: Why hasn't Wynne been arrested, gas plants, friend of a pedophile, she wears pantsuits
5: Nothing has been proven in court
6: Jack Layton got a handjob
7: He saved me a billion dollars

speechless :eek:

BfzwCPuCEAEhIrs.jpg

DoFo's comments on Pride parade. How many times does he say 'buck-naked'. And he is mistaken when he says RoFo voted to fund Pride.....

I meant to put 'mistaken' in quotes. :p

I know - they manage to lie about every last detail - I wish there was a beeper that would go off during interviews ever time those fuckers spew their lies.

I know the pinata has been hung, but I wish people could just let the Pride thing go. Three or so months ago sensible Toronto wanted to have Ford resign or be removed and took away as many powers from him as possible. Kelly is the city leader now. It shouldn't be important if Ford attends events, if he's sitting in his council seat, if he's showing up for work before noon. We wanted him sidelined, we wanted him gone, but he won't leave and we keep grasping after him. Some sort of strange co-dependency happening. Two or three years ago, after he wouldn't attend the parade, some started saying, if he'd at least attend the proclamation, or the flag-raising or whatever, it's right outside his office, that would be significant acknowledgement. So he attended one of those, stood around looking like a petulant child, but the demands for him to attend the parade or other festivities never went away, even though most who show up for Pride don't like Ford anyway. In the ITO we learned that Ford told his staff not to schedule him for any ethnic events. Opposition to Ford should highlight this, and then link it to his animosity towards the gay community and their festivities. Ford is just an awkward man unable to step outside his limited experiences. And he sees no reason why he should. Not a good quality in a mayor.

OK......................
I didn't realize that this phenomenon was (still) real but I just had lunch with some colleagues and a woman who I thought was fairly bright brings up Rob Ford declaring today as Bob Marley day and goes on to defend him and says he's just a normal guy with problems. She believes the police are out to get Rob because he cut back their budget. And I quote, "I really hope he gets in again!"... I also work with a Jamaican who said that the video with him speaking broken patois does nothing but good for him in his eyes. He said that Ford was speaking pretty well and he would pass as a "white Jamaican".. He goes on to talk about how Ford is the only politician out there visiting the people. Get this, he also said he bumped into him once and after speaking to him about a party for a child, he stopped by and starting handing out money. ($100 bills).
I feel sick...

A previous Doug soundbite

Doug Ford jumps in to assure them the Fords, who run a multi-million dollar label and tag making business with offices in the U.S., do not discriminate against gays or anybody else.

“I’ve had my gay friends come and visit me in Chicago. Gay men have slept in my bed,” Doug says. Dieter jumps in: “With you in it?” Doug replies with a laugh: Now you are trying to get me in trouble.”

speechless :eek:

BfzwCPuCEAEhIrs.jpg

Hahahahahah, classic.

I also have to keep reminding people, jaywalking isn't illegal in Toronto (mostly). You can walk down a street or cross mid-block if you want to, what's illegal is crossing at a controlled intersection when you don't have the right of way ('running a red' on foot) or obstructing traffic. Neither of which can occur when intersections and roads are closed down...

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 3m
#BobMarley captivated people of all cultures, broke countless barriers and helped introduce reggae music to the world. One love. #Toronto
Expand

I guess robbie is tweeting from his sick bed.

OK......................
I didn't realize that this phenomenon was (still) real but I just had lunch with some colleagues and a woman who I thought was fairly bright brings up Rob Ford declaring today as Bob Marley day and goes on to defend him and says he's just a normal guy with problems. She believes the police are out to get Rob because he cut back their budget. And I quote, "I really hope he gets in again!"... I also work with a Jamaican who said that the video with him speaking broken patois does nothing but good for him in his eyes. He said that Ford was speaking pretty well and he would pass as a "white Jamaican".. He goes on to talk about how Ford is the only politician out there visiting the people. Get this, he also said he bumped into him once and after speaking to him about a party for a child, he stopped by and starting handing out money. ($100 bills).
I feel sick...

Well, white Jamaicans do exist. And Bob Marley day was already proclaimed in 2001

But your co-worker seems pretty uninformed.

haha, I don't know why I put it in quotes... (white Jamaican) It was more for emphasis, I know a couple white Jamaicans. I just didn't realize that Ford was actually nailing it that well.. It was just interesting to hear my coworker speak about it as he is Jamaican.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back