News   Jul 09, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 524     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
rob-ford-novelty-cheque.jpg

Rob Ford’s mayoralty has been disappointingly short on giant novelty cheques. It seems like someone so fixated on money matters should have a supply closet full of them. On Wednesday, though, Ford had an opportunity to give one out, and he seized it with both hands. The oversized financial instrument, made out in the amount of $10,885, was a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society. The money represents the proceeds from the mayor’s second batch of Rob Ford bobbleheads, which he sold for $20 each back in December.

As much as he's earned it, that's not going to happen. Blair needs to take the high road here and do everything note perfect or the backlash will be ugly. The perp walk will be seen / played as gratuitous, and many will feel sorry for the Mayor, however little he deserves it.
You can have the rest though.

I think unless they see it happen with their own eyes, some people won't believe he was actually arrested. Rob will say "I went in on my own to answer a few questions to help the cops out, and now everything's cool. Anything else I can't comment on because it's before the courts, but I'm not guilty of any crime."

From Globe and Mail website: "Doug Ford defends mayor’s choice to skip Toronto Pride event: ‘He’s not homophobic’ " This is the same Doug Ford who said Rob wasn't drinking any more and that the photograph of him drunk and ranting looked as though it was from many months earlier 'because he has lost weight'. Why do people continue to quote the Fords as though they might be reliable sources?

I think unless they see it happen with their own eyes, some people won't believe he was actually arrested. Rob will say "I went in on my own to answer a few questions to help the cops out, and now everything's cool. Anything else I can't comment on because it's before the courts, but I'm not guilty of any crime."
Maybe they'll even claim the police news release announcing the arrest is a forgery.

That's a good point too. But it better be something that even Ford Nation finds offensive. Something big and dirty. 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder might be enough. Any of the 'white collar' stuff, is all still just 'sticking it to the man', or 'trying to help out his buds'.

That's a good point too. But it better be something that even Ford Nation finds offensive. Something big and dirty. 2 counts of conspiracy to commit murder might be enough. Any of the 'white collar' stuff, is all still just 'sticking it to the man', or 'trying to help out his buds'.

Ironically, I don't think there are many legitimately criminal things Rob could do that would sway his fans, but if the police actually had evidence of him and Sandro doing something kinky in the bushes, they'd drop him like a hot potato.

The investigation is now in a phase where the police know what happened, what crimes were committed and are now piecing together a case through interviews and evidence gathering.

Right now, investigators are probably sifting through Ford's cell and car location data cross referencing it with their theories of what happened and who he contacted and when and where. That could take a few months to complete.

Wrapping up the case, submitting it to the Crown and having them give a go ahead for a charge could take another couple of months.

I'd put a guess on mid to late summer unless a major breakthrough occurs that moves the investigation from methodical to a slam dunk case.

Whatever happens, Ford will be charged and released on bail and any trial would be held well after the election. Ford is still running unless he drops dead or kills someone himself.

MetroMan,

You have no idea how much of a relief it is to hear this. I can deal with waiting as long as I know that there are charges at the end.

I had basically gotten to this point.

[video=youtube_share;1MTqZOAswrI]http://youtu.be/1MTqZOAswrI[/video]

Ironically, I don't think there are many legitimately criminal things Rob could do that would sway his fans, but if the police actually had evidence of him and Sandro doing something kinky in the bushes, they'd drop him like a hot potato.

maybe we'll finally find out what this redacted portion is (p.116)

page116.jpg

Attachments

• page116.jpg
    page116.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 673

Well, the problem is that the people who comprise Ford Nayshun do find RoFo's various follies to be offensive. I mean, for Chrissakes, at a bare minimum: Smoking crack cocaine, rampant and demonstrable rule breaking, public urination, hanging out with drug dealers/gang members/gun runners? This is the so-called Law and Order crowd we're talking about here. Of course they think what Ford's being accused of is despicable, but they're willing to give it all a pass in this case because it's him. That's tribalism for you.

On a related note, the police can comport themselves as respectfully and tactfully as is humanly possible when the hammer's finally brought down on Ford, i.e. "inviting" him in for a chat instead of perp-walking him through a deliberately engineered media frenzy for maximum humiliation, but it won't matter to the Fords or their mouth-frothing fanbase. Any move against Mayor Lying Sack of Shit is going to be viewed as evil to his neandrathal voting base no matter how it goes down.

Based on the history of deny / prove... I think Rob's admission that he's homophobic last night would dovetail into that narrative nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back