News   Jul 18, 2024
 910     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 815     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oy

CP24 says Doug Ford will talk to the media about the letters......

Who the hell cares what Doug Ford has to say about this

Ugh, Doug is making it seem like Rob's football players were in trouble with the law all the time =/

Didnt RoFo get in trouble already for using city letterhead to thank and gain supporters for his EX football team? I thought RoFo was already strictly warned to not continue using the letterhead for unrelated city letters.

In that case, he was using the city's letterhead to solicit donations for his private charity. That's not the same thing as writing a reference as mayor.

uther penn ‏@ride54522 12m
Rob Ford did not have a criminal check for coaching. Used a letter from Bill Blair instead. This stinks. @CP24 @nowtoronto @CTVToronto

Anyone know if this is true?

My personal issue with the letterhead is that he's using the authority of the Mayor's office to vouch for friends, not former employees. I personally do not think it's an appropriate use of power, time or city letterhead. I could understand using city letterhead to give a reference to a future employer for Mark Towhey, but these people are being charged with crimes, not looking for a job. And at least one of them was not a former employee (and there are serious doubts about whether or not Lisi actually worked on the election campaign so most likely both were not former employees).

So Rob claims he was unaware of Lisi's previous record but Doug says Rob thinks criminals deserve a second chance?

As usual with these two idiots they can't even get their stories straight before going directly into default bullshit mode. On that topic, is there a way to prevent doug from being the self-appointed mouthpiece for the Mayor?

Reminds me of the Untouchables when Capone's hitman is caught with a gun in court but has a letter from the Mayor of Chicago that he is to be afforded all courtesy and allowed to have it :p

Asked about character reference letters Mayor Ford wrote under official letterhead for Mr. Lisi and a tow truck driver who is a reported convicted murderer and had a serious speeding conviction — and whom the city had argued should be denied a tow truck license in the interest of public safety — Doug Ford said: “Rob doesn’t judge people, he doesn’t throw the book at ‘em. And there’s a lot of people in this country who deserve a second chance, that have broken the law, and he is there to write a letter in support, but also understanding that breaking the law is not the right thing to do.â€

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what about me, I was just snoozing? Do I have to murder someone? s/guy at community centre

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...upporting-alleged-drug-dealer-alexander-lisi/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back