434     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone called this yesterday, which is interesting. Now, what's the upshot of using his mayoral letterhead? Is it actually illegal, or is it strictly an ethical violation? Obviously it's shady stuff, but I'm curious about the specifics.
Notice the first part of the reference relates to Lisi's work on the election campaign -- that's probably how Ford will justify using the letterhead, i.e., that's it's not just a personal reference, it is a mayoral reference.

On the subject of Rob Ford and character references:

Upon me finding Mr. Young guilty, I ordered a Pre-Sentence report. I have received that report, as well as having had the benefit of hearing directly from Ms. S. Bozzo, the author of the report.

I have further on consent, received a report of Dr. Robin J. Wilson, a Psychologist who met and administered a number of tests to Mr. Young.

Mr. Stein, counsel for Mr. Young also called character evidence. I heard from Mr. Rob Ford who had been a football coach to Mr. Young for a number of years. Mr. Ford is also a City of Toronto councilor.

Full text

Behold, the Lisi letter, on City letterhead:

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/392679745520803840

Someone called this yesterday, which is interesting. Now, what's the upshot of using his mayoral letterhead? Is it actually illegal, or is it strictly an ethical violation? Obviously it's shady stuff, but I'm curious about the specifics.

Yuck, that's the Mayor's letterhead?! Looks more like a DIY knockoff

file a complaint with the integrity commissioner.

she probably has a rob ford template setup by now.

I'm not sure what the problem with him using letterhead for references is? Obviously, the references themselves are a problem considering who he's writing them for...but if he's giving a reference, wouldn't you expect it to be on official letterhead?

I'm not sure what the problem with him using letterhead for references is? Obviously, the references themselves are a problem considering who he's writing them for...but if he's giving a reference, wouldn't you expect it to be on official letterhead?

i just want people to file complaints against rob ford with the integrity commissioner.

Didnt RoFo get in trouble already for using city letterhead to thank and gain supporters for his EX football team? I thought RoFo was already strictly warned to not continue using the letterhead for unrelated city letters.

“I support the police investigation. I don’t know this guy. Never seen him, never met him - ever,†Ford told the Toronto Sun moments after arriving at City Hall for a budget committee meeting Wednesday.

Douggie didn't meet his brothers buddy who also worked on his campaign and drives him around? I', starting to suspect doug isn't being truthful.

On the subject of Rob Ford and character references:

Upon me finding Mr. Young guilty, I ordered a Pre-Sentence report. I have received that report, as well as having had the benefit of hearing directly from Ms. S. Bozzo, the author of the report.

I have further on consent, received a report of Dr. Robin J. Wilson, a Psychologist who met and administered a number of tests to Mr. Young.

Mr. Stein, counsel for Mr. Young also called character evidence. I heard from Mr. Rob Ford who had been a football coach to Mr. Young for a number of years. Mr. Ford is also a City of Toronto councilor.

Full text

Has the press picked up on this yet? How did you find this?

^^^^ From twitter. I'm not endorsing it, or saying he's correct, but he seems concerned about it so I thought I would put it here for posterity's sake.

When I was at a wedding last summer, I was talking with another guest who lives and works in East York. He told me a story about encountering a strange man that was banging on some windows. The strange guy came down from his building and talked with him. He said he was a former Ford staff member (Nicko, neeko?). Then the guy went on to offer to sell them drugs, saying that he was "really connected" and also talked about how he got an entire industrial block rezoned residential so he could profit off of it.

Now why do I tell this anecdotal story? Well because I really believe the guy who told me, and it fits with whats been developing about Ford. I think the media should check into the extra curricular activities of former staff members, what they are doing now, how they make their money. The guy made it seem like it was Ford that got him involved in selling drugs, and that Ford was perfectly knowledgable (obviously since he would have to have had a part in the rezoning) that the block had been rezoned specifically so dude could make money. How many more people are profiting based on their connections with Ford? How many of his current/former staff are part of the drug ring they have going on?

Found this on the Montreal construction/mafia links from last year. What caught my eye:

A corruption inquiry is hearing that representatives from more than five-dozen construction companies visited a Mafia hangout several years ago, with the RCMP watching.

RCMP officers were jotting down licence plates outside a notorious Sicilian Mafia hangout on numerous occasions including a 2005 Christmas party.

An investigator for the Charbonneau inquiry testified Sept. 27 that his team later cross-referenced those plates and tied the vehicles to more than 60 construction companies.

He pointed out that some entrepreneurs own multiple companies. But the investigator, Eric Vecchio, noted that a good number of companies that received public works contracts in Montreal, for things like excavation and sewers, were represented at that party.

Total, irresponsible speculation, but it did happen next door...

subways.jpg

Those "Subway!" signs really have this aura of Ford handing them out to gullible immigrants and old people so they could hold them up on cue. They don't even seem that, uh, "enthused" about what they're doing, probably because they're not all that engaged to the issue, other than the fact that Ford's "engaging" to *them*...
It looks a bit like a Rent-a-Crowd but at least they are all holding them the right way up! :->

I totally agree. If you're in need of a character reference you look for the most reputable person that knows you. I don't consider THIS particular mayor to be reputable, but the office of the mayor is. Further, I don't consider this to be an inappropriate use of Mayoral letterhead; especially in light of Lisi's connection to the campaign. I liken this to Ford writing a reference letter for Mark Towhey.

That said, Lisi was found guilty of that crime, and all evidence points to a conviction in this one, which looks bad on Ford. Leave the integrity commissioner alone, this will only fuel the Ford's being victimized narrative.

It is sufficient that Ford openly stands with abusers of women and drug dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back