125     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 980     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 891     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, not Sarah Thomson again. I wish she'd just go away.
edit: Maybe that's what the rumour is. Ford hired the mob to make Thomson "go away" but they were unsuccessful.

Not really new, per se. Just the odd reader/poster who tended to stay in the transit threads. But I guess I'm unawares as to who MetroMan is, and if he has actually leaked credible info to public before the media. I noticed another poster recently wrote something similar to MetroMan's post, but considering he/she is new, I'm a lot more skeptical with what they're saying.

MetroMan has consistently been a reputable source of information, so it just strikes everyone as a bit funny for someone to come in and question him point blank as if he's making things up :)
In fact a number of people in the thread have admitted to joining and/or following this thread because of his information/leaks/whathaveyou.

Ugh, not Sarah Thomson again. I wish she'd just go away.
edit: Maybe that's what the rumour is. Ford hired the mob to make Thomson "go away" but they were unsuccessful.

I don't think it's supposed to be about Thomson, but something Rob did to another woman along similar lines. If not worse.

I'll go ahead and say that I found Ford's most recent firing a bit strange, given that it was a "complete surprise" to her and her colleagues, considering how loyal she was. Strange further that there was never a followup in any of the media about the reason for her firing (I guess I just expected we'd have heard something) and her twitter account went totally silent after it happened.

Most likely, it's all coincidence...

I don't think it's supposed to be about Thomson, but something Rob did to another woman along similar lines. If not worse.

So in other words, "more unsubstantiated slander by the The Star in a desperate attempt to sell papers". Unless there's uncontestable proof the cops won't lay charges, and absent charges it's just her word vs. the hardest working man in the Western Hemisphere*.

*Can't compare him against the Orientals - they sleep beside their machines you know

So in other words, "more unsubstantiated slander by the The Star in a desperate attempt to sell papers". Unless there's uncontestable proof the cops won't lay charges, and absent charges it's just her word vs. the hardest working man in the Western Hemisphere*.

*Can't compare him against the Orientals - they sleep beside their machines you know

Even if there are charges, there's always the time-worn but effective "Bitch set me up!" defense.

To clarify, I didn't mean that it was related to Thomson (it isn't, as far as I know), just that the alleged/potential charge is of that type. And, I have no idea if it has any connection to that line at the end of the Star article. I didn't hear it from someone connected with the Star.

I am here because of Metroman. Only thing I can say is that fellow dads from Etobicoke at ROM Saturday Morning Club all told me about drug dealing by Doug before the Globe story arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back