863     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 772     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rob and Doug's nice guy act is just that, an act. It's an image they want the public to perceive when in actuality they are crime-infested little shits. Bad people do good things sometimes. Mobsters organizing neighbourhood BBQs. Gee, isn't that great. It's hard to believe that the nice guys would do terrible things but they do. Are the Fords religious? Perhaps these nice guy things they do is an act of repentance for them.

Last edited:
I think Rob and Doug's nice guy act is just that, an act. It's an image they want the public to perceive when in actuality they are crime-infested little shits. Bad people do good things sometimes. Like, Bin Laden building roads and schools. Aww, what a nice guy! Or mobsters organizing neighbourhood BBQs. Gee, isn't that great. It's hard to believe that the nice guys would do terrible things but they do. Are the Fords religious? Perhaps these nice guy things they do is an act of repentance for them.

Even the KKK helps out in the community!

I think Rob and Doug's nice guy act is just that, an act. It's an image they want the public to perceive when in actuality they are crime-infested little shits. Bad people do good things sometimes. Mobsters organizing neighbourhood BBQs. Gee, isn't that great. It's hard to believe that the nice guys would do terrible things but they do. Are the Fords religious? Perhaps these nice guy things they do is an act of repentance for them.
Ever watch Boardwalk Empire? Rob and Doug remind me of those guys. Mayor Thompson helps little old ladies across the street, attends the temperance meetings (it's the 20s), kisses babies, etc. Meanwhile, he's taking bribes, running booze and guns, having people killed, arranging hookers and more. It's a TV show, but it's based on some of the real goings on in Atlantic City. Same kind of stuff going on in Chicago (and we all know how the Ford brothers love Chicago) and cities all over.

I really think Rob & Doug see themselves like those old time politicians, but the problem is that today there are cell phones and Twitter and citizen journalism, so they get caught. A lot. Something has got to stick eventually and these two bozos will get the boot and even jail time.

Hehe, when I saw the Sun article I thought "Hm, I wonder if he's trying to build up a case for why he's not a bad guy - a laundry list of public appearances, with photographic proof, that he can point to while on the stand and say "See, I help out in my community!""

Obviously that's going to an extreme though, and mostly he's just building a portfolio for the next campaign at the provincial level, and for the court of public opinion for times like now when the shit is hitting the fan.

Makes me wonder what other "open secrets" are out there!
A few months ago I overheard the publisher of the newspaper I work for say that it's pretty much common knowledge that Rob Ford does coke.

Also, when the Doug Ford Globe story broke, an ex-in law called (and this person is not political whatsoever) to say that Doug was the go-to guy in high school for hash (they went to school together).

Edit: another thing I heard was that Rob and Doug were the school bullies and they once set a port-a-potty on fire.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if there might be something to the timing of these little photo ops. As in, if the Fords know some bad news is coming down the pike, that they don't try to get a little positive thing in the news right before it. Like, Rob had his big exclusive interview with Joe Warmington right before the Sandro Lisi story came out, which sort of reeked of "Look at this! Don't look over there---that's not news. Check out me with this fish!"

A few months ago I overheard the publisher of the newspaper I work for say that it's pretty much common knowledge that Rob Ford does coke.

Also, when the Doug Ford Globe story broke, an ex-in law called (and this person is not political whatsoever) to say that Doug was the go-to guy in high school for hash (they went to school together).

Edit: another thing I heard was that Rob and Doug were the school bullies and they once set a port-a-potty on fire.

Yeah, we've kinda heard that already :(

One thing I did add to that fire earlier this week (which seems to have gone unnoticed) was that there's a barbershop in town which is a money laundering front for the owner, who is a drug dealer. One of his sellers has openly bragged about being Rob Ford's drug supplier.

ah jeez. I have no reason to believe this is accurate other than the way that I heard about it (someone that I know works for a major media org), but the rumour that I heard is that the Crown is contemplating a charge related to alleged conduct that's closer to the Sarah Thomson situation than the Project Traveler one. I have no way of knowing whether the Crown really is considering this, of course, and it could be a game of telephone gone awry (like a lot of rumours are) and I have no knowledge of the alleged conduct, just of the alleged potential charge, which would be explosive, to say the least.

Well the other day at the very bottom of an article thestar posted the below: (I don't have the link right now but can find it later)
The Star has determined that police are not only seeking information on the video, but are probing other activities of the mayor, although police have refused to provide comment to the Star.
That seems to imply something deeper than obstruction.

From The Star:
Police have also interviewed people involved in a boozy St. Patrick’s Day 2012 incident involving Ford at the Bier Markt pub.

Putting all of that together, plus the previous reporting on the 2012 St. Paddy's Day escapades (i.e. "Ford was fighting and generally acting like an idiot"), it points to RoFo sexually assaulting someone that night.

Putting all of that together, plus the previous reporting on the 2012 St. Paddy's Day escapades (i.e. "Ford was fighting and generally acting like an idiot"), it points to RoFo sexually assaulting someone that night.

The one thing that made me wonder about parkade's post, though - does the Crown pursue charges of this nature, or do those not have to be pressed by the affected party? IE - the Crown can't consider pressing charges against anyone for, say, assault - the victim has to tell the Police that they want to press charges, and then the Crown does it.

So if the Crown is considering pressing charges for something, I have to believe it's going to be much more substantial than a single incident on a single occasion.

Yeah, we've kinda heard that already :(

One thing I did add to that fire earlier this week (which seems to have gone unnoticed) was that there's a barbershop in town which is a money laundering front for the owner, who is a drug dealer. One of his sellers has openly bragged about being Rob Ford's drug supplier.

Let me just stop you right there and ask Paul Mooney for his view on this whole "barbershop" accusation: "You know that's just a front. They sell drugs at the barbershops." At about 5:54 of this video:

[video]http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/chappelles-show/season-2/chappelles-show-ep-201/#clip494953[/video]

The one thing that made me wonder about parkade's post, though - does the Crown pursue charges of this nature, or do those not have to be pressed by the affected party? IE - the Crown can't consider pressing charges against anyone for, say, assault - the victim has to tell the Police that they want to press charges, and then the Crown does it.

What is required are (i) a complaint about the non-consensual application of force / touching for a sexual purpose and (ii) a witness. Often in cases of sexual assault the victim fills both roles. But not always. Mark Towhey was present at the St. Paddy's Day festivities. He got fired a year later after giving RoFo multiple ultimatums (ultimata?) re: bad behaviour linked to substance abuse, and after talking to the police (ostensibly about the crack tape, but who really knows). Perhaps Towhey is now a crown witness regarding a St. Paddy's Day incident? /speculation (for now)

Last edited:

totally agree. i gotta highlight...
I will say that I wish Ford’s political record would receive the same kind of scrutiny that his scandals do. Ford’s claims to have saved the city a bundle of money — maybe a billion dollars — often aren’t challenged. When they are, it turns out that they’re not true. Similarly, his record on transit and delivering subways is disastrous, made worse by a recent move to take out a pile of new debt to finance the city’s share of an unnecessary subway line.

There’s also the question of how exactly Ford will sell the public on a re-election platform that he probably won’t be able to deliver on. Ford’s inability to win votes at city council should be seen as a major liability for him. Unless he can convince the public to replace a number of his incumbent colleagues with more Ford-like candidates, a new council term under Ford wouldn’t be all that different than this one has been. He might enjoy an early honeymoon period where he wins a few votes, but ultimately he’d end up on the losing end of things again — totally unable to actually keep many of his promises. But will voters understand that?

Without those kinds of questions getting the attention they deserve, I’m not convinced that any of the scrutiny focused on the mayor’s scandals will matter much when it comes time to campaign in 2014. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back