826     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting all of that together, plus the previous reporting on the 2012 St. Paddy's Day escapades (i.e. "Ford was fighting and generally acting like an idiot"), it points to RoFo sexually assaulting someone that night.

Hmm. A sexual assault charge doesn't seem like the damaging news it should be. It's usually just a he said/she said type of situation, and public perception can often side with the accused. And didn't the Star claim that when a woman outside the Bier Markt said Ford is the "worst mayor", Ford kissed her forehead and said "I know".

That kiss could be everything this is based on. A kiss by a stranger would be sexual assault, and her going to the police may very well be her trying to get her 15mins of fame.

Hmm. A sexual assault charge doesn't seem like the damaging news it should be. It's usually just a he said/she said type of situation, and public perception can often side with the accused. And didn't the Star claim that when a woman outside the Bier Markt said Ford is the "worst mayor", Ford kissed her forehead and said "I know".

That kiss could be everything this is based on. A kiss by a stranger would be sexual assault, and her going to the police may very well be her trying to get her 15mins of fame.

I doubt that's it. Apparently Ford kisses a lot of people on the head when he's drunk. I think he even kissed a guy on the Danforth during his most recent walkabout. If this is a thing, I'd expect it to be something somewhere between Bob Filner and Fatty Arbuckle.

Last edited:
^I don't see the kiss on the forehead as the subject matter of a sexual assault charge. The contact must be "of a sexual nature", and this doesn't appear to be that.

I don't get it. Is this a joke? How do you know this info if the public doesn't know it?

Do you think the press is telling you everything they know the second they know it? They have to corroborate with multiple sources (3 if possible) before going to print with anything. Information will come out in due time. I wish things worked faster because if we went off of what is already known, Ford and Company would be in front of a judge by now.

Been following the thread/forum for quite a while, but first post. Just heard some extremely serious rumours that are apparently circulating in the media about charges that would be more serious than obstruction (and not directly related to the Project Traveller stuff, I don't think). MetroMan (or anyone else): not looking for specifics, but have you been hearing this rumbling? I'm skeptical, so I don't want to spread anything.

I'll put it out there with the caution that there isn't necessarily any truth to this but when I tipped that something big was about to happen a week or so before the video story broke, Ford's office had been visited by detectives and now we know they had heard Ford being discussed in wiretaps regarding a video around that time. Prior to that however, I had been following the Globe story as it was being investigated and the night before it was published, I posted this on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.52.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.53.14 PM.jpg

It may still be true but not much as come of it that I've heard about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.47.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.47.14 PM.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 349
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.53.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.53.14 PM.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 490
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.52.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.52.41 PM.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 497
^I don't see the kiss on the forehead as the subject matter of a sexual assault charge. The contact must be "of a sexual nature", and this doesn't appear to be that.

If Robbie grabbed her head... An assault is the intentional application of force, directly or indirectly, to another person without that person's consent; at least a trip to the drunk tank.

edit re: Metroman's post

ha. I have wondered about exactly that, from time to time, but this is a different rumour. Specifically about Ford and not related to any prior rumours. I suspect it must be related to an event/alleged behaviour that is not publicly known (but no details of the behaviour were provided, just the charge that allegedly is being considered). The rumour was supposedly circulating today with at least broadcast journalists (I would assume all journalists). We'll see if anything comes of it. The fact that no one else here has gotten wind of it makes me suspect it may be going nowhere.

Last edited:
41 complaints to the OPC hardly counts as a 'wave' of popular outrage. 35 of them were phone calls, and many of them were anonymous! so we know Dave Price is at least 1/2 of those.

they can get around 100-150 of these complaints in a year, and they have hearings pretty regularly, and not because of any pressing need--there's a reason these hearings are often held at Ryerson.

‘Depending on the issues involved, hearings are scheduled at the offices of the Press Council or at Ryerson University, where journalism and law students are invited to attend as part of their educational experience. In these cases, complainants and the news operation are asked to offer additional information and respond to questions from the panel members, the majority of whom are public members of the Press Council.
The hearing panel then adjourns and discusses the case in private.â€

hardly the most hard hitting venue for an EPIC 'Inherit the Wind' kind of defence of our Mayor by his self-apointed defenders. the whole thing reeks of amateur hour.
It's not a government body or anything, it's a voluntary "self regulation" group that creates the perception that media in Ontario have high standards to meet. It's no different than a "Toronto Used Car Dealers Council" or something similar, where companies opt in to have that fancy sicker on their door to make them look credible. If there's a complaints or conflict resolution mechanism, often do you think they'll rule against themselves? Also, since it can be influenced by certain members acting in blocs, how often do you think a bunch of like-minded dealers would use group action to rule against certain dealers and/or locations out of either bias or competitive motivations?

If it were filled with center-right media companies, how long do you think the Star would needlessly subject itself to being fined for violations that other members of the media were given a pass on? You don't have to like the Sun to understand it made no sense for them to be part of a voluntary organization that was stacked with competitors that were prone too strategic behaviors and using the public as a tool to inflict negative publicity for them.

It's not like the CRTC or some other arms-length ruling body and your "amateur hour" comment is probably accurate.

I'll put it out there with the caution that there isn't necessarily any truth to this but when I tipped that something big was about to happen a week or so before the video story broke, Ford's office had been visited by detectives and now we know they had heard Ford being discussed in wiretaps regarding a video around that time. Prior to that however, I had been following the Globe story as it was being investigated and the night before it was published, I posted this on Twitter:

View attachment 17122
View attachment 17121

It may still be true but not much as come of it that I've heard about.

detectives visited ford's office around the beginning of may? what would they have said at that point? does that show ford did know about the project traveller investigation more than a month before the raids?

and the los pollos reference... is that just saying the fords were in a family drug business back in the day? or does it imply deco was, or is, involved?

It's not a government body or anything, it's a voluntary "self regulation" group that creates the perception that media in Ontario have high standards to meet. It's no different than a "Toronto Used Car Dealers Council" or something similar, where companies opt in to have that fancy sicker on their door to make them look credible. If there's a complaints or conflict resolution mechanism, often do you think they'll rule against themselves? Also, since it can be influenced by certain members acting in blocs, how often do you think a bunch of like-minded dealers would use group action to rule against certain dealers and/or locations out of either bias or competitive motivations?

If it were filled with center-right media companies, how long do you think the Star would needlessly subject itself to being fined for violations that other members of the media were given a pass on? You don't have to like the Sun to understand it made no sense for them to be part of a voluntary organization that was stacked with competitors that were prone too strategic behaviors and using the public as a tool to inflict negative publicity for them.

It's not like the CRTC or some other arms-length ruling body and your "amateur hour" comment is probably accurate.

Well I guess the joke is on everyone who complained about the articles about the Ford Brothers then, isn't it? :rolleyes:

and the los pollos reference... is that just saying the fords were in a family drug business back in the day? or does it imply deco was, or is, involved?

There are a variety of possibilities - I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Doug was a hash dealer back in the '70's, he probably maintained his connections (he never admitted to it, therefore if he WAS a hash dealer we don't know if he ever got out of the game completely). If he maintained his connections, an "international" business like Deco is both a potential money laundering operation, but also a legitimate way to move product around without raising too many noses and across the border as needed. So there's that.

What else would Los Pollos be referring to? That Deco is actually a secret, under the radar fried chicken producer? :)

The one thing that made me wonder about parkade's post, though - does the Crown pursue charges of this nature, or do those not have to be pressed by the affected party? IE - the Crown can't consider pressing charges against anyone for, say, assault - the victim has to tell the Police that they want to press charges, and then the Crown does it.

So if the Crown is considering pressing charges for something, I have to believe it's going to be much more substantial than a single incident on a single occasion.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you've never been assaulted, sexually or otherwise. :p

Also, saying the Crown is considering laying charges says nothing about how eager (or not) an alleged victim may be to see charges laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back