828     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 739     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 568     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be amazed if either the Sun or Post reports on it. The right HATES non-judicial "kangaroo courts" like the Human Rights Tribunal that are predicated on "political correctness." In fact it is the same reason why the Toronto Sun pulled out of the OPC.

Back when they allowed political discussion (it's still a bit of a shithole), the Off-Topic forum on RedFlagDeals might qualify. They tend to skew pretty right but there isn't much there anymore. Outside of that I haven't seen much in the way of organized support for RoFo.

Who'd have thought a bunch of cheapskates looking for "red-flag deals" would skew conservative?

Been following the thread/forum for quite a while, but first post. Just heard some extremely serious rumours that are apparently circulating in the media about charges that would be more serious than obstruction (and not directly related to the Project Traveller stuff, I don't think). MetroMan (or anyone else): not looking for specifics, but have you been hearing this rumbling? I'm skeptical, so I don't want to spread anything.

Been following the thread/forum for quite a while, but first post. Just heard some extremely serious rumours that are apparently circulating in the media about charges that would be more serious than obstruction (and not directly related to the Project Traveller stuff, I don't think). MetroMan (or anyone else): not looking for specifics, but have you been hearing this rumbling? I'm skeptical, so I don't want to spread anything.

Out with it! You shouldn't be partaking if you aren't going to share what you've got! :)

EDIT: There have been rumblings about something related to prostitution, but no one has said anything specific and it has only been alluded to. IE no one has said "X is being investigated with regard to prostitution and for these reasons". Is it related to that, or something entirely different?

Last edited:
been following the thread/forum for quite a while, but first post. Just heard some extremely serious rumours that are apparently circulating in the media about charges that would be more serious than obstruction (and not directly related to the project traveller stuff, i don't think). Metroman (or anyone else): Not looking for specifics, but have you been hearing this rumbling? I'm skeptical, so i don't want to spread anything.

post that shit i need my leak fix.

ha. seriously, I feel like if there were any legs to it, people here would have heard something, but maybe it just started to circulate today? It's too serious and I'm too skeptical to even hint at the details without some corroboration. I'm not too confident that it will go anywhere, but if it does, it will almost certainly happen within a day or two, because it will most certainly leak otherwise. I know, this kind of stuff is annoying, esp. from someone new, so I wouldn't think too much about it unless MetroMan or someone more connected (I'm not, I just happened into it through a media friend) has also heard whispers!

There have been rumblings about a few different things related to the crack video and otherwise. Give a disclaimer and the usual caveats and come out with what you've heard. It can be corroborated then, or dismissed. As well it might be part of a larger puzzle that people can put together. I think if anyone has information it's important to share.

ha. seriously, I feel like if there were any legs to it, people here would have heard something, but maybe it just started to circulate today? It's too serious and I'm too skeptical to even hint at the details without some corroboration. I'm not too confident that it will go anywhere, but if it does, it will almost certainly happen within a day or two, because it will most certainly leak otherwise. I know, this kind of stuff is annoying, esp. from someone new, so I wouldn't think too much about it unless MetroMan or someone more connected (I'm not, I just happened into it through a media friend) has also heard whispers!

Thou shalt henceforth be known as Parkade The Blueballer.

(out with it - are the Fords trafficking humans or what?)

Well the other day at the very bottom of an article thestar posted the below: (I don't have the link right now but can find it later)

The Star has determined that police are not only seeking information on the video, but are probing other activities of the mayor, although police have refused to provide comment to the Star.

That seems to imply something deeper than obstruction.

ah jeez. I have no reason to believe this is accurate other than the way that I heard about it (someone that I know works for a major media org), but the rumour that I heard is that the Crown is contemplating a charge related to alleged conduct that's closer to the Sarah Thomson situation than the Project Traveler one. I have no way of knowing whether the Crown really is considering this, of course, and it could be a game of telephone gone awry (like a lot of rumours are) and I have no knowledge of the alleged conduct, just of the alleged potential charge, which would be explosive, to say the least.

You must be new here. Welcome.

Not really new, per se. Just the odd reader/poster who tended to stay in the transit threads. But I guess I'm unawares as to who MetroMan is, and if he has actually leaked credible info to public before the media. I noticed another poster recently wrote something similar to MetroMan's post, but considering he/she is new, I'm a lot more skeptical with what they're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back